Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-19-2013, 07:25 PM

Can't TA just have a kickstarter forum and let it be what it is? I came to this thread as I just purchased the game and was quite impressed at the build quality, but yet I come in here and all I see are people getting upset with each other about kickstarter games.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:20 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmoonlightcafe View Post
Can't TA just have a kickstarter forum and let it be what it is? I came to this thread as I just purchased the game and was quite impressed at the build quality, but yet I come in here and all I see are people getting upset with each other about kickstarter games.
What's all this crap. I'm here to try and find out about whether I should get this game or not. Can't you guys move this argument to another thread please so those of us who want to enquire about the actual game can get some info?

I looked at the title and the graphics and people say its good. What do you actually do and is it boring? Do you just crawl around trying to not be seen or is there more? What kind of things can you actually do? Are there puzzles? I'm a bit unsure about what di you do in this game. Got the cash ready and do like stealth to a certain degree.

What do you guys advise?
Old 12-20-2013, 02:44 AM

After reading the hateful comments Eli has for Kickstarter projects it upsets me hugely that I do anything to line his pockets by browsing this otherwise great forum, but it pleases me beyond measure that his website has had no choice but to give this game he went out of his way to talk rubbish and be downright rude and offensive about FIVE STARS.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Go Ryan! Who needs TA, eh?

Last edited by Foghorn Irrascible; 12-20-2013 at 02:56 AM..
Old 12-20-2013, 02:54 AM

This.

I don't see any reason why really promising iOS games from KS don't get coverage. Even if you just cover ones that get funded.

The problem, and Eli can post here all he likes saying its because there's too many or they're unreliable, is that Elu has a demonstrable irrational hatred for people daring to "rattle a tin" for coins. Despite TA and AppSbopper having had funding; I'm sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
I come to this site for relevant news and discussion on iOS games. You've decided that all Kickstarter news is irrelevant, even if what's being Kickstarted is one of the most ambitious iOS games ever conceived.

Nintendo news however, isn't irrelevant. Even though they have never published a single iOS app (kinda-sorta excepting the Pokedex published by Nintendo subsidiary Pokemon), we need to be reminded on a monthly basis that Nintendo still isn't developing for iOS. Seriously, July, August, September.

A focus on games we can download? How about Mew-genics. Team Meat has never published on iOS and has already failed to deliver on one announced iOS project (your main concern in reporting on Kickstarters), yet Mew-genics has no fewer than ten(!) front page posts.

Please don't misunderstand me. I want you to report on games like Mew-genics. I'm genuinely interested, and I hope its zany ideas pan out. Good thing for Team Meat that they never took Kickstarter funds so they can get this kind of awesome coverage on Toucharcade.

In the past, you've cited one of the main reasons for the Kickstarter blacklist being the sheer number of new iOS projects, but sorting the wheat from the chaff is why news exists. Sifting through the dreck on the App Store is Toucharcade's raison d'Ítre, extracting a few gems off of Kickstarter is impossible?

I just don't see the dogmatic exclusion of all Kickstarter projects as benefiting anybody. It devalues this site by making it less relevant to iOS gaming. It provides a disservice to readers like me by forcing us to look elsewhere to get news on interesting iOS Kickstarters. It devalues the site to any iOS developer even considering taking crowdfunding money to make their project reality.

To end on a positive note, thank you for lifting the blacklist after a Kickstarter project ships and giving them a fair shake at that point. After seeing how passionately you hate the idea of crowdfunding, I really was wondering.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:50 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Wow, so much heated talk about kickstarter stuff in this thread.

Cool game though, awesome intro and game concepts.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Wow, so much heated talk about kickstarter stuff in this thread.

Cool game though, awesome intro and game concepts.
Dude the forums have been nuts lately! I don't comment too much, I just sit back and enjoy a good read.

Some interesting points, but everyone should remember that opinions will always differ. And the difference is what we are entitled too.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:23 AM

Edited because it was a really childish and insensitive post by me.

Still I'm sorry for his recent loss.

Last edited by eventide; 12-20-2013 at 03:29 PM..
Old 12-20-2013, 10:56 AM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventide View Post
You'd think with a recent passing in his family Eli would get some perspective and lighten up about such a trivial thing. Doesn't look like that happened though.

I'm... fine? I'm not losing any sleep over this. The game came out, we posted our review, and we're moving on to cover other titles, like we... Always do? You guys are the ones making a big deal about this, dredging up year old tweets, and all sorts of other crazy stuff.

Why not just enjoy the game and be done with it? I don't get it.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventide View Post
You'd think with a recent passing in his family Eli would get some perspective and lighten up about such a trivial thing. Doesn't look like that happened though.

Um.. I agree with the general sentiment of some of the posts in here, but it's a bit low using an event like this to score points :/
Old 12-20-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresandypandy View Post
Um.. I agree with the general sentiment of some of the posts in here, but it's a bit low using an event like this to score points :/
Yeah it was and I'm ashamed I posted it. Should have been way more sensitive about something like that.