App description: *** WINNER OF BYTTEN.COM 'MOST ADDICTIVE' GAME AWARD 2012! ***

"The AppStore could definitely use more RPG titles like this." - The App Shack

Made by RPG lovers and full of exploration, mystery, first-person puzzles, and a gripping story. No in-app purchases, no grinding, no repetitive fetch quests! Download it now to uncover the secrets of the Angels!

"Fall of Angels excels in ways that we need to see more examples of in the JRPG genre namely a great story and an emphasis on making exploration genuinely fun." - iFanzine

================================

A temple is a house of God- let any who defile it's grounds suffer the wrath of the faithful, and be forever cast into the fires of damnation to pay for their sins
- Passage 4:19, Choir of Aquinas

---

She's just a little girl...
- Sariel

The night that the skies were ablaze with the fire of an electrical storm, something pierced through the clouds and crashed into the foot of the Oshu mountains. No one knew it then, but that night the world of Tellus would change forever.

Control Sariel as he becomes embroiled in the events of that night and his journey takes him through snow-covered mountains, ancient ruins, and hidden villages. Join his group of adventurers as they begin to unravel the secrets held by Tellus' ruling religion, revealing a much more sinister world hidden beneath them.

* Engaging original storyline
* First-person interactive puzzles
* Explore many lands from seaside towns to forgotten ruins to unravel Tellus' secrets
* Find hidden tools and items and use them in imaginitive ways to progress
* Control a diverse cast of characters, each with their own story and skills
* Fight interesting monsters with many different attacks and strategies
* Discover hidden areas and be rewarded with a deeper understanding of the world's backstory
* No grinding, no in-app purchases
02-25-2013, 01:22 PM
I am disappointed to now find there was a kickstarter last month, now failed, for an expanded edition of Fall of Angels; also funding a port to PC and Xbox 360. It seems I missed my chance to design my own boss enemy (maybe I couldn't have contributed at that level but would have pitched in some). It's curious to me how amazing games like Fall of Angels get un-noticed. Regardless, Fall of Angels is a great game so here's to hoping we'll see more like it in the future. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s/posts/383351

Quote:
...The development of the expanded PC/Xbox version of Fall of Angels is expanding and growing not only the game world, but everything from gameplay mechanics to the character growth system. Improved graphics, new maps, new routes, new towns, new dialogue, new puzzles, new battle mechanics.

Fall of Angels has been created from scratch- original game engine, artwork, an entirely original story and an original world for it all to take place in. The amount of work that has- and continues- to go into Fall of Angels is massive. With your assistance we can continue to expand the scope of the game into the epic journey that it deserves to be.

Last edited by undeadcow; 02-25-2013 at 03:38 PM.
02-25-2013, 03:20 PM
What a shame. I'm not a rich man but I've have gladly thrown a few quid in this direction if I had been aware.

This game is unique with its environmental puzzles thrown into an interesting narrative and turn-based RPG. A true underrated gem if ever there was one.

05-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Man, has this been removed from the App Store?! Any chance we'll see it back again in the future?

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
05-13-2015, 06:17 PM
This is one of my top 5 iOS games. Amazing soundtrack too. It's a shame it didn't do well enough to last. iOS gaming is such a weird landscape. Tap to win games make millions and finely crafted games like this wither away. :-(
05-17-2015, 07:32 AM
Fall of Angels Update

Hi guys, I'm the dev on Fall of Angels, just thought I'd give an update on the current state of the game.

I'm currently testing a new version of Fall of Angels on Android, iOS and PC which has higher-res graphics, new areas, new items, and tweaked gameplay. The code is in it's beta stage, the maps are maybe 85% done (up to the Desert Tomb). It's looking in good shape, and I'm hoping to release on all three platforms as soon as possible. I wouldn't want to guess exactly when because I'm unfortunately not able to work on it full time any more, but soon!

I took the current version of Fall of Angels off the app store because the graphics were looking pretty blurry on the new iPhones/iPads and to be honest I felt bad leaving it up knowing that I'll be releasing a much improved version in the near future.

Thank you for your comments and support. It can be a demoralizing industry to try to make headway in, and the positive feedback really helps to fuel the development

Begin the iPhone adventure that you'll never forget: Fall of Angels
05-17-2015, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyTypo View Post
Hi guys, I'm the dev on Fall of Angels, just thought I'd give an update on the current state of the game.

I'm currently testing a new version of Fall of Angels on Android, iOS and PC which has higher-res graphics, new areas, new items, and tweaked gameplay. The code is in it's beta stage, the maps are maybe 85% done (up to the Desert Tomb). It's looking in good shape, and I'm hoping to release on all three platforms as soon as possible. I wouldn't want to guess exactly when because I'm unfortunately not able to work on it full time any more, but soon!

I took the current version of Fall of Angels off the app store because the graphics were looking pretty blurry on the new iPhones/iPads and to be honest I felt bad leaving it up knowing that I'll be releasing a much improved version in the near future.

Thank you for your comments and support. It can be a demoralizing industry to try to make headway in, and the positive feedback really helps to fuel the development
Such great news! Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it whenever it's ready!
05-17-2015, 11:58 AM
Fantastic news. Glad to hear the game is alive and well and undergoing a content infusion.