List of defective or heavily bugged games.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Natron, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Natron

Natron Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Sales & Marketing / Commercial Real Estate
    Los Angeles, CA
    #1 Natron, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
    Hey there!
    I spend way too much money in the app store every month. Out of the many games I purchase a few (more so than acceptable) are so unfinished or bugged that they are practically unplayable or not ready for market.
    Is there a list someone compiles of such apps if not on this site then elsewhere on the web?

It's extremely unfair and a bummer for a paying customer to recieve useless software. Updates should be intended for "minor bug fixes" and content. A developer should not place an unfinished game or fatally flawed
    game for sale, take your money, and expect you to wait for an update
    that makes the game work.

My experience with iTunes customer service?? What service, they don't respond to emails (in my case) and don't provide telephone customer servce. Apple runs their iTunes store like a swap meet vendor which is unlike any other aspect of their company.

If not a list exists , I'm starting one. You can post here if you have experienced
    an issue with a game that's beyond a minor bug and makes you believe that the game is unplayable and needs immediate attention by the developer.

This is not to rip on games we may just not like, but actual technical issues. Hopefuly developers will check this list and if they find their
    software on it they may respond to inform their
    customers what they plan on doing to
    remedy the issues related to their game. To the games that have no developer response, we know those developers we should stay away from in future game releases.

Post your troubled game, the specific Idevice you game on, and the price you paid for the game. (Not interested in free games unless it ruined your phone to the point of needing a full restore).

Not quite sure how I'll work this but I think this will be the post thread that I'll monitor and confirm, and start a seperate thread which will be easy to scan through listing the big time offenders.

New to the world of posting so if this does already exist
    let me know, otherwise I'm taking the lead. I'm passionate about my money and getting ripped off is horrible. I'm sure most of you feel the same even if it's just a buck it's still a helpless feeling. So if not already somewhere, let's make Apple and these games accountable! If you have any ideas or thoughts on how to compile the list please private message me your ideas. This isn't for me it's for us, so no idea is worthless. We got to have each others backs!
    Thanks!

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Minigore!!!1!!1!1!1

I paid a whopping $1.08 on that and it reset all my data in the newest update!

I demand compensation!

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009

With the apps costing from 99cents (even free) to 10bucks at most, I dont really expect anymore support from Apple than what they are doing. There is always room for improvement, but you cant really blame them here.
    Posting in the specific game thread will be give a MUCH higher chance of getting a feedback from the devs. Except for a few Big devs, you'll find most others active on TA. But I doubt too many are going to check a thread in Gaming Discussion section.

4. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I paid $2... like 4 months ago. A regretted purchase after the second day.

5. Natron

Natron Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    DoodleCraft 100vs.100 (Current Edition) iPhone 3GS, $1.99

I'll get it started haha.
    This game I have downloaded and delted a dozen times to no fix of issues. Game will freeze and exit to homescreen within minutes of starting gameplay, besides the fact it's A.I. appears flawed. Turning volume completely down on phone also does not silence the sound effetcs. Phone must be switched to vibrate only to fully mute audio. Online and app store reviews show many others experience the same issues. Contacted developer by email a week ago and have not recieved a response.

6. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Why don't you start by listing the ones you mentioned? Even if it's just "a few", it's worth knowing.

7. Natron

Natron Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    #7 Natron, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
    I disagree completely, even though apps are cheap from 1 to 10 bucks on average, iTunes and it's app store is a signifgant slice of the pie in Apple's total revenue. The reason the iPod, iPhone, and now the iPad was brought to market is simple. It's another device reaching out to consumers on which they can sell apps and music through. I'm willing to bet if not already true, the grand scheme of their revenue plans is that the ipad's price to consumers is a break even for Apple, doing so they may have more customers with access to the iTunes and app store which they have complete control over. The real money just like in cell phones is not in the sale of hardware these days, it's in the services required to keep your device running and or enhance the user experience.

Ask all the computer companies that have tanked selling just hardware no matter how sleek or state of the art how much money there is in it? They will all respond from the grave with ZERO.

The iTunes store is not just a slice, it's the bread and butter of Apple's revenue and why their stock is where it's at. It's why they are more than helpful in tech support with your hardware because without it, you have no need for or access to the real money maker for the company. It's why at least at first when you purchased an iPhone you had to go on Itunes to activate the phone. AT&T almost lost their deal with Apple initially before it was announced because of their desire the phone be activated in store where knowledgable staff knew what they were doing and could assist the customer. This was of no concern to Apple who instead it was more important for the customer to immediatly expose themselves to their marketplace They figured ATT is getting to sell our phones to sell their service immediatly, we want our revenue source iTunes up and in their face just as quickly. Only after the first go round having signifigant issues with at home iTunes activation was Apple silenced in their demands with the second generation 3G. Might sound silly to the average reader on this site as being so is a indication your technically literate, but think about if Mom who can't even work the remote on the tv was to figure it out on their own?

All that said, and like you said about the average price and their approval process before games go to market. It's unacceptable to not provide service for us. I spend about $150 a month on iTunes app store and I'm sure many spend way less, as I'm also sure there are many that spend way more. To not take care of me is not holding sight of the bigger picture on their part. If out of arrogance they feel the dollar bills that pile in one at a time Isnt what keeps them sucessful they are kidding only a few, because trust me they know those dollars add up. They're very aware of how they are set up to make money. However in not servicing there customers even 1 to 10 bucks a time they do appear aloof and arrogant. It's this same arrogance which caused Apple to be an afterthought 20 years ago after trailblazing in a marketplace. It's very lucky and rare for a company to have a second chance after being on life support: I love their products and fear they are making the same mistake twice. Another company sooner or later will come along, most likely with inferior hardware, but will suceed in taking Apples dominant market share just as before, by providing the customer with service and not with arrogance.

As great as their computers are, don't think for a minute they make a lick of cash on them or any hardware they sell your dollar purchases is what they go to sleep on when they go to bed at night.

I know what you mean about posting on the specific game thread and your probably right about that. I want to figure out how to make Apple feel obligated to have a role in this as well since they are the sales agent who approves these apps for their marketplace. For them not to act as if a game or app they sell they are not resposible for is wrong no matter the price. It's not the developer that charges my credit card daily, it's Apple. The customer service for iTunes needs serious adjustment and expansion before it crumbles under it's own weight and is a oversight on their part big time. I have serious doubts or questions about ther "review" process because I've made many purchases that any person with half a brain in their head would know it's problematic, flawed software, or in no way works as intended. I know there are a trillion apps out there, but don't create the monster if you don't plan on monitoring his health.

8. Natron

Natron Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    #8 Natron, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
    I respect everyones thoughts on this and if I insult I apologise. I'm very passionate about companies who do do not service their customers in a way that I feel benefits the customer while protecting the company. I know it's a delicate balance to find, I just find Apple's attempt at this balance to be non existant for it's iTunes store.

I'm thinking maybe a more appropriate discussion would be how to get Apple to realize iTunes needs a full functioning customer service department. We give these people information such as our credit cards and debit cards which are often linked to our checking accounts, to trust them with the key to what most of us consider our life line, our banking accounts and not get a live person on the phone is wrong I feel. Does anyone else feel the same? Or am I really expecting too much?

Gotta shut it down for a bit, phones about to die and I spent all the juice typing and not gaming! =( enough ranting for now! Haha

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    What he said! :D
    But a fix is way to be fair. (maybe)

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Astro Ranch.

11. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    I could not agree more

12. chrisrushing

chrisrushing Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    We Rule
    Astro Ranch
    We Rule
    We Rule
    did i mention We Rule

13. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Penguin Fever.
    " Crap! This game has a serious bug on my 3GS running 3.1.2. After I quit the game and come back to continue or play a new game, I can no longer play. It just shows me one of the backgrounds but nothing to press on it. Do NOT BUY!"

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=31878

14. hhhh

hhhh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    NBA Live for sure.