Avatar, Assassin's Creed 2 Or Need For Speed Shift

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mohammedrules, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Mohammedrules

Mohammedrules Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2009
    I'm interested ln each game but can't find a way to decide. I'm hearing negative reviews on AS2 so I'm not sure. Can u help me choose! Thank u!

2. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Definitely not Avatar. Your best bet would be Assassin's Creed 2

3. I've played 'em all. Avatar is clearly best. Played it through, best gameloft game to date. NFS kinda sucks, and AC2 isn't that good and quite laggy

4. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Assassin's Creed 2 for sure. The only reason it gets bad reviews is because it's a side-scroller instead of a huge 3d world. But I don't understand the criticism of that, because the graphics are outstanding 3d, the gameplay is intense, and the game is very long. It does not dissapoint, except those who are spoiled and expected even more. It shines above many 7 dollar games.

A more detailed look at the other games:

Graphics- Good. Not the best from Gameloft, though. Loading and framerate are very good for the size.
    Gameplay- Somewhat restricted, kind of repetitive.
    Replay- Not much besides exploring the big worlds.
    Soundtrack- Mediocre.
    Overall: 7/10 for its overall nice graphics.

AC2:

Graphics- Beautifully smooth. Loading is fast, but framerate is sort of disappointing, especially on my 2g.
    Gameplay- Fun to watch, especially the assassination cutscenes. The killing-guards-in-a-city style might get repetitive, but it's pretty varied.
    Replay- Decent. Mainly to improve your level rank, unlock hacks, or to just admire the fun of being a secret stealth assassin.
    Soundtrack- Pretty good, but there isn't alot. Matches the environment.
    Overall: 8.5/10 for its long and entertaining vibe.

NFS: Shift-

Graphics- Really detailed, even on the 2g. The best of the 3. Loading is good, and the framerate satisfies the fast racing.
    Gameplay- Not as fun as the original console, but it does a good job. Racing is more fun, to me, than Real Racing.
    Replay- High. Medals and awesome licensed cars give something to shoot for.
    Soundtrack- Good. It's more modern rock/ pop/ rap, which I usually don't enjoy, but it flowed nicely with the game.
    Overall: 8/10, nice graphics and replayability.

5. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Not assassins creed if u like the console versions.

6. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I have all 3. First I would eliminate is Avatar. I hated it. And I usually love gameloft games but this one was no good to me. Bad controls, and graphics were so busy it was hard to tell was tangible and what was just 3D background. Plus fairly boring. I never watched to the movie so I'm not biased in that sense; this is just how I felt about it as a video game. I removed it from my phone.

NFS:Shift I still have. It's fun, good selection if cars, good controls. There are few tracks but each one has a lit if differnt ways to accomplish game goals on it. (race, eliminate, do a lap without going off track, ect.) so it gives each one a high replay value IMO as you need to master the track to earn stars for progressing to the next area. Decent upgrading for your cars aswell. Good controls, good sound, can play iPod playlist in background, all-in-all good racing game. But it's similar to Gran Turismo as it's racing not running from cops or anything like that-- as some NFS games have. Also, if jb thier is a patch to get $6mill dollars to buy/modify your cars. (if intrested)

AC:II - I don't get why people are comlaining. It's a great game. Maybe not a great assassins creed game, but a great game reguardless. A lot of the iTunes reviews are mad it's not a port of the ps3 version. Hopefully you are not a big enough idiot to expect this. . the game is 2D platformer with 3D graphics. Great plot, good sound, and above average graphics. The controls will take a bit getting used to especially since the buttons will change during certain events (for example stealth button will change to a hide button when near something you cam hide in). I got the game last night and already pretty used to the controls. So far 3 type of levels: NORMAL: walk/run around until you are at the end, without loosing all your health. STEALTH: same as normal but if you get spotted more than 3 times you get mission fail and start over. For me these are the hardest and requier patience. Makes it feel a little slow. CHASE: for me the funnest. You run and try to get to the end ASAP! You feel pumped and it's fast paced. Jump roof to roof and over enemies, killing as few as possible to save time. Each level you are ranked and recieve stats which adds replay value to get better scores and earn points. The points get you extra features to the game. Has a lot if little things to add to the experience like a drawing of you on wanted posters, savable wall papers, ect.

I would pick AC:II for a fun game you will play for long periods of play. Possibly NFS:Shift for it's replay value and quickrace makes it good for pick up and play.

7. Mohammedrules

Oct 23, 2009
    Thankks a lot for your opinions. I really appreciate it. I believe I made my decision.!

8. MexicanJesus

Nov 10, 2009
    Your desicion being...?

9. Mohammedrules

Oct 23, 2009
    Assassins Creed 2 Im currently downloading.

Hope I made the right one.

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I'll just guess: AC2.

I'd say it's the best of those three games (Avatar is the worst!)

11. MexicanJesus

Nov 10, 2009
    Well he said he is dl'ing ac2. But it's in the subject line so hard no notice.

I think you'll be happy with your choice, I was!

12. funkynubman

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Congratulations, you are smart. Just stay away from Avatar.

Hey, have you tried Cogs?

13. Mohammedrules

Oct 23, 2009
    I heard of Cogs but wasn't sure?

How's the gameplay??

14. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!

15. Theocracy

Theocracy Active Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Surprising amount of Avatar hate... that's the one I'd go for.

16. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Bad choice. Avatar was clearly the best.

17. Bag of Awesome

Bag of Awesome Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Wow, this is a lot of avatar hate...I personally think it's my fav gameloft game.

18. Dan007

Dan007 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Russia
    Avatar aint good. It lags on my 3GS! while games like Dark Raider 3gs or Speed Forge (with motion blur on) OR, again, Ac2 Discovery are all ABSOLUTELY flawless.

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    AC 2 is terrible, especially compared to the one by gameloft..jesus 2d sidescroller action my ass.

Shift is no better than undercover in any way imo. licensed cars?..do i really give an eff, it's a game. Get real racing.

Go with avatar. You're bound to play it at least twice. That's plenty of a good deal for the 6.99.

20. funkynubman

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    The Gameloft version of AC stank! There was no replay value at all, and the graphics wern't very good. In AC2, the sidescrolling works perfectly. Why would you complain about a game not being 3d if it's great 2d? Plus, I have to disagree with your NFS bashing. Undercover was just plain stupid, and pretty easy with no replayability. And by the way, licensed cars give the game some respect and honor as a complete racer. Real racing's controls are unrealistic, the cars are bland and the tracks are simple. Avatar had a lot of gameplay, except the gameplay wasn't very exciting.