'180' action-puzzler, Today's Featured Android App on Amazon, FREE on iOS too!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by headcaseGames, Jul 11, 2011.

1. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    #1 headcaseGames, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

It's true! Our flagship title was selected by Amazon to be their featured FREE Android app today (LINK) and in just a few short hours it's rocketed to their #1 spot.

[​IMG]

To give a nod to the game's iPhone roots we've made it free for the original platform as well (get it on iTunes HERE) - it is free for today only!

If you are a fan, use this opportunity to show some goodwill and reminisce about the good times with this game in this thread today :) and tell your fellow TouchArcaders what they've been missing out on! There's no reason not to grab one of the best-playing (if lesser-known) classic iPhone hits, especially when it's not costing you even a penny!

Easy for anyone to learn in a minute, but deep enough to challenge the most extreme players. Fans of classic games like Tetris Attack and Bust-a-Move will love the new "shoot and flip" mechanic!

GAMEPLAY:
    180 is an insane flipping match-3 drop action puzzle game! Launch coins into three-in-a-rows to clear the vertically-descending board. Play alternate colors by flipping coins 180 degrees at any time. Create incredible combos and be rewarded with HUGE scores - just don't let the coins touch the red line at the bottom, or it's game over!

Here's a YouTube video showing the gameplay when it gets quite hectic (starts slow to show the mechanics, about 20 seconds in it will go wild)

As for the future of Headcase Games.. well just last night I finally fired up the very first (early, earrrrly) build of our next big title, a side-scrolling action blast-fest called GunHead. More on that one soon, it's gonna be a crazy one ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    For free, it's simply a steal. I still play this f*cking game. LOL

3. headcaseGames

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
  4. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    180 is awesome!!!!!!!!!

5. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    definitely a nice twist on the genre.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    180 is highly recommended; if it's still free get it... if it's not free anymore get it anyway. Here's to the developer updating iOS 180 to match the superior content in their Andriod release. Thanks for the give-away.

7. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    A great game, a great dev and a great price.
    What more could you ask?
    DL now!!

8. headcaseGames

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    thanks undeadcow ;)

The programmer has all the HD Assets, but it's a lot more work than simply "swapping them out" - the way the app is built will require significant rework. If there's a good demand for it then it can be a higher priority, otherwise it gets put on the back-burner for a long time :(

For what it is worth, the original iOS game does play a fair bit smoother than the Android version! Otherwise, we have tinkered with a casual mode which I've mentioned a bit around these parts. It's a very different game (and the mechanics of 180 lend themselves very well to a slower "plan your moves at your own pace" style as well). If nothing else I do want to flesh this out by the end of the year, as even in it's prototype mode it is quite fun to play (more like a Drop7 kind of experience, pace-wise). If that picks up speed then it will be easier to rationalize the rewrite work involved with implementing the HD assets.

As 180 has never been particularly well-received by the general iOS community I do feel it is in my best interest to concentrate on newer titles (which might actually make money), especially of the non-puzzle variety, and I am content to leave 180 on the "to-do" shelf until such a time as I can give it the proper attention it deserves.

It's obviously got some speed going on Android and there are actually more weird/exciting things for it in store this year over there, watch my blog for details - if you are truly a fan of the game you might be surprised what's coming ;)

And I do want to make it clear, regardless of what happens with 180 I am not straying from iOS as a development platform, that would be foolish!

9. rann

rann Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Thanks for making it free!

10. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I really like this game and it still in my phone since I download it last year.
    Good luck with your new new title!!

11. mcwaller123

mcwaller123 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Student
    Montreal
    Congratz Ron for getting mentions in Gizmodo and D-Toid abt the game :D

Agreedd 1000000000000x timess :3

12. headcaseGames

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    Thanks for the support :)

As a result of today's promotion, another "free app" promoter contacted me today and wanted to partner with us for 1 more day, so the app will still be free (iPhone only) for one more day!

Let's see if we can get a few DLs! I do have a lot to say about this experience actually, it's taught me a lot - feel free to pick my brain ;)

13. headcaseGames

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    #13 headcaseGames, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
    who moved me into here?

Anyway, the kind folks at Free App Magic have offered to partner with us to extend the promotion for one more day (iPhone only, Android has returned to paid status!) So you can still grab 180 while the getting's good.