★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

If IOS came with a game preinstalled...

04-16-2014, 03:55 PM
#11
it could be a game like "heads up" that is more fun with more people...as an incentive to use the device with friends

it also has IAP so apple and the dev would make $$$$

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
04-17-2014, 12:09 PM
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
it could be a game like "heads up" that is more fun with more people...as an incentive to use the device with friends

it also has IAP so apple and the dev would make $$$$
I could see that working actually. Maybe it'd also include a single player against Siri.

04-17-2014, 07:32 PM
#13
My pick: ALEX KIDD
04-17-2014, 10:57 PM
#14
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,374
Infinity blade since they always show it off along with the new hardware

Game Center ID: SlighMD; Battle.net: SlighMD#6986; VainGlory: SlighMD
Currently playing: XCOM: Enemy Within, Transistor, Hearthstone
Waiting for Titan Quest, FF7, Aralon: Forge and Flame
04-17-2014, 11:22 PM
#15
Apple would probably choose a game like Infinity Blade, something visually impressive

Me? Monument Valley all the way. Visually unique, intuitive tactile touch controls, short enough that it can be enjoyed and finished, but still offering a complete experience, simple enough that anyone could enjoy, no IAP, a premium game. Everything that IOS gaming should be in one mind-bending package
04-17-2014, 11:30 PM
#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmilan View Post
Infinity blade since they always show it off along with the new hardware
Like someone said earlier, I think it would be a horrible idea to have a game preinstalled that was over 500MB because it would take up so much space. That would only work if you could remove it.
04-18-2014, 12:21 AM
#17
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Like someone said earlier, I think it would be a horrible idea to have a game preinstalled that was over 500MB because it would take up so much space. That would only work if you could remove it.
Apple doesnt care about space. If they were, they wouldve released 128 gb back during the iphone 4 times, but they didnt. They know people will buy idevices AGAIN for more space together with the device upgrade.
04-19-2014, 03:20 PM
#18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Apple doesnt care about space. If they were, they wouldve released 128 gb back during the iphone 4 times, but they didnt. They know people will buy idevices AGAIN for more space together with the device upgrade.
That makes no sense. I bought my 64gb iPhone 4s two and a half years ago. Buying a new iPhone now will still only get me a 64gb device.
04-19-2014, 05:19 PM
#19
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,153
I think Apple would pick something like Threes! They would be looking for something iOS exclusive that goes with the aesthetic of the system. Another possibility, if they were changing the game out once a year or something, could be Cut the Rope 2, as long as it stays exclusive.

Honestly, Threes! would be a good option. I would probably pick that as well, thinking about mass market appeal. Creating their own Solitaire app would be the next most obvious choice.

GC: Jerutix -- Love and Peace to all!