Universal Organ Trail: Director's Cut - (by The Men Who Wear Many Hats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Aug 9, 2012.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Getting this now, love the old skool IBM PC style graphics

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    In short this game is totally awesome.

Graphics are pretty cool retro looking stuff and the music is good.
    The gameplay IMO (being English so not really caring about the Oregon trail story) is brilliant, it's so much better than the Oregon trail. The problems you encounter along the way are truly great, I even felt pretty bad when I shot my friend Paul because I thought he might turn on me =)
    That's another very cool point, if you choose to kill one of your team mates you have to actually pull the trigger yourself! This really makes it seem like your the group leader making the decisions.
    The mini games are pretty cool too, scavenging for resources while shooting and avoiding zombies works well.

All in all this is a great game and like Z-day zombie survival I can see me coming back to this time and time again to see how long I can last.
    Well worth the price grab this now!

3. Lost Cipher

Lost Cipher Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    A fantastic iOS title! All of the enhancements in the directors cut are top notch. The new art has a very wasteland feel to it (and of course that's always good). The new tunes to the soundtrack are great as well. The new mini games are fun and entertaining, their is a particular one that stands out for me;
    Standing on your Station Wagon and defending it from a horde
    . Everything added was a gain for the better.

Of course the core essence of the original flash title remains, better then ever when combined with all the enhancements. All of that added to the fact that it has no in-app purchases at all, really drives home the value of this title. If you haven't bought it yet, do yourself a favor and get it.

dev question (If of course they are stalking these forums): When will the PC version be released?

4. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    I'm hoping some time near the end of the month or early September. I have no idea what it takes to get on Steam though so who is to say.

5. Lost Cipher

Lost Cipher Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Thanks for the response Boco, I look forward to it on the PC as well.

6. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Any big differences between the PC version and the iOS version?

7. ibmurai

ibmurai Well-Known Member

Looks awesome. Never played either original.
    Waiting for a review and prolly the patch to fix resuming the game...

8. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Im getting it when i get around a wifi!

9. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Looks awesome and love the art style and all. Will download in a bit, but is there any chance someone could tell me if you can start a game and open/close the app and continue that same game?

10. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    The word "tap" will be replaced with "click."

Haha, honestly not much. We will try some keyboard control schemes and maybe a few audio filters or something. That's about it. It was designed for all platforms from the get-go.

11. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    This game is the highlight of this weeks releases for me. Never owned Oregon Trail, though my limited time with it left me with fond memories.
    Meanwhile Organ Trail gives you all you'd want from that original game with a ton of flair. Needless to say I'm enjoying my time with this game, somewhat reminiscent to the iOS title Rebuild, cause of the zombies and survival,but better than that for me, also more difficult I find, in a good way.
    That said, the game is a bit buggy, froze up on me a couple times, had to relaunch app and it just continued. And as mentioned in this thread, you leave town automatically if you close app while in town.
    I hope the devs will work the kinks out in future updates, as they've mentioned. The Men Who Wear Many Hats did an awesome job on this game!!!

12. TheDanma

TheDanma New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    This game looks fantastic! Can't to get home and download this on my iPod. The hours here at work can't go by quick enough.

13. PRE

PRE Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    I'm waiting for a gameplay video. Right now I'm on the border I love a game that makes me think but I'm just not sold by the screenshots.

14. timmis6010

timmis6010 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Here is the TA plays video of the pre-release build. I cant find any differences in what I bought and that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6UHDC-9JLg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

15. paulf58

paulf58 Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Cool, but the sound skips like crazy. Why is that? Also why did they change the soundtrack? I loved the chiptune style of music from the flashgame better. :(

16. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I was a huge fan of the original in my childhood and this remake/spin seems to have all of the right components and a great theme. Have to add this to my game list soon, and looking forward to more feedback!

17. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Absolutely loving this, not played the flash version so still finding my feet. Just made it to Memphis, and have only lost one friend so far. Feels like I'm doing ok so far.

Read a comment about music skipping on older devices... Well it skips like mad on my iPhone 4. Hope this is fixed as its so bad I am having to mute all sounds.

18. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Yea we knew about that sadly. First patch will greatly reduce it though. Already tested and confirmed.

19. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Congrats to the Men Who Wear Many Hats on the release! It's been awesome to see the game come together awesome like it is. Downloading it in 3... 2... 1 :)