Marketing Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by goldlogsh, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Storm Factory

Storm Factory Active Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Unfortunately, that's not the way any app store with over a million other options to download will work for you.

"Build it and they will come" is a good way to go out of business.

2. SleepyMousegame

SleepyMousegame Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2016
    French Polisher
    London, UK
    Worth a read...

New to TA today so sorry if you've all seen this already, but this is a great read on how to promote your game: http://www.pookybox.com/how-to-promote-your-own-game/

Sleepy Mouse game will be my first game that I'm launching as a solo indie dev in August so I've been reading this advice with great interest and keep coming back to it time and again!
    Come and join me on Twitter @SleepyMousegame #SleepyMousegame or Facebook.com/SleepyMousegame.

3. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

Yea the pooky site is pretty cool actually and that page sums up the key points nicely.

4. Bestreviewapp4u

Bestreviewapp4u New Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Hello,guys!
    Sorry I am so late to answer your question, but the process of app promotion is continuous, and the methods are different from before. Therefore, if you still manage your app, maybe the following methods that I want to share are useful to you. In terms of you have limited budget, I will introduce the methods with two sides:free promotion and paid promotion.:p

Free promotion:

(1)social media: you can advertise your app in some social media, like Facebook,Instagram. Adding some friends about app developer to share the experience and idea with them. Of course, you can reply to relevant post in some forums to advertise your app, remembering put your app link in your reply.

(2)content marking: you can write some relevant blogs and essays to introduce your app, raising the publicity of your app.

(3)cross promotion: if you have published more app that have received good responses, you can use the platform completely to advertise your app, because the potential audiences are the precious resources for your new app.

(4)special website: you can put your app on some special websites, like classified sites and review sites. The installs will increased when audience browsing these websites.

(5)you can optimize the name, icon, description and screenshots of your app to attract much more potential audiences and get more installs.

(6) you can invite your friends and relatives to install your app, and then they will advertise your app in their friend circle, which can increase your app installs effectively in return.

Paid promotion:

(1)advertising:
    inviting some popular stars and bloggers to advertise your app

publish some news and advertisements directly to popularize your app

put the video of your app on websites to advertise your app

advertising your app in some people-crowed places

(2)leverage your app website
    you can create a website of your app, crafting the page and designing a beautiful interface of your website. The users can communicate with others in this platform, and you can find the potential problem of your app by reading the messages from the users and find the relevant solution to solve these problems.

(3)pre-loaded in app stores: you can pre-loaded your app in app stores to guide the audience to install your app, which can gain much more installs of your app although it will took much money.

(4)app store optimization:

do keywords research: the quality of keywords affects your app ranking. However, promoting the quality of keywords is a tough task, including the relevance, competitive, localization and plural. So, it is necessary to optimize your keywords using some effective ways. If you have enough budget, you can buy keywords search installs from a reliable app store optimization company, like ASOTOP1, to promote the search ranking of your app.

ratings and reviews:audience would like to choose one app with more positive reviews, indeed, the reviews also influence the installs of your app. So, you can buy some good ratings and positive reviews from a reliable app ratings and reviews provider to promote your app.Bestreviewapp is just the website to provide the service that you need.

Hope these methods can help you a lot!:D