iPad Skies of Glory - from the makers of F.A.S.T.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. shern25

shern25 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    domestic engineer
    Singapore
    I just promoted myself from Captain to Major in SAW squadron for winning 2 private FFA matches. :)

Here's the ranking order and the number of winning match required to move up the rank in SAW:
    - No rank
    - 2nd Lieutenant (win 1 private match): 1 match total
    - 1st Lieutenant (win 1 private match): 2 match total
    - Captain (win 1 private match): 3
    - Major (win 2 private match): 5
    - Lieutenant Colonel (win 2 private match): 7
    - Colonel (win 2 private match): 9
    - Ace (win 3 private match): 12
    - Meister (win 3 private match): 15

So need to win total 15 matches to achieve the highest rank.

The 3 founders of SAW will start as Captain. The 4th player to 12th player will start as 1st Lt and the 13th player to 20th player will start as 2nd Lt. This is to recognize the early members.

2. Handy

Handy Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NY, NY
    SAB forever!

3. m@yh3m

m@yh3m Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Strolling through town w/[MOB]Kiss

Okay, so I'm flying through the small town with the river & train and think I'm pretty slick and next thing I see is [MOB]Kiss fly just over my head . . . upside down! :eek:

I've been humbled :eek:

4. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    California, USA
    #12724 Smokin'Joe, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
    Ha! Smooth move by the Mobster though. I was in an FFA in that map last week, and had a pretty good game, my battery was running out and I said GG!, Adios! and got a few replies in kind. So, because I was near the bridge, I did a big ol' rolling loop and flashed under the bridge on my way out. Adios! Pretty cool I thought. Tried it again the next time in there and slammed smack into the damn thing. That time I was hoping no one was paying any attention.

5. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Forever SAB... :)

I saw kuneho today in the skies... I hope we will see him more often..

6. orion7319

orion7319 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Carolinas, USA
    Nice :) Did you get my invite for the SAB page on facebook?

7. Pirhanna

Pirhanna Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    GG today Handy...that Z2 sure packs some punch...You going to be flying more now? Or is it just a fluke we been seeing you around more lately???

8. Handy

Handy Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NY, NY
    Orion,

I don't see it. can you send it again?

9. Pirhanna

Jul 7, 2010
    Handy

GG, again Handy! You did good job finding my Rockets!! I kept losing them ;)

10. orion7319

Jan 27, 2010
    Carolinas, USA

It's not letting me send it again. I sent it to your SAB Handy FB account... hummmm perhaps you could use the FB search function to search for Sgarrista Air Brigade, then send a request to join. You should see it though as you are listed as having not yet replied.

11. Smokin'Joe

Jul 3, 2010
    California, USA
    GG, Orion! Sorry I couldn't hang around. I went into that room running on fumes, thinking I could work in a few more runs. Too bad I didn't have the battery for it, that was shaping up to be a good one. :)

12. orion7319

Jan 27, 2010
    Carolinas, USA

That was a good one buddy! :) I just got done from there a few minutes ago. It was my only game and I stuck around for like an hour and a half in there. It seemed like everyone came and went in that game at one point or another :) It was fun indeed! :)

13. Smokin'Joe

Jul 3, 2010
    California, USA
    Speaking of playing for an hour and a half, has anyone here had to deal with a real case of sore thumbs? I thought references to sore sore hands was mostly making jokes about playing too much. But I think I'm working on an actual case of Carpal Thumb syndrome! Seriously, might to have to lay off for awhile. :(

14. Pirhanna

Jul 7, 2010
    Sore hands and thumbs here bro...I have a serious pressure sore that looks like a wart on the side of my middle-finger left hand that now rubs against my pointer finger!!!! No joke, I've had to put a bandaid on just so I could continue playing!!! I thought of snapping a pic of it and putting caption "What has SoG done to your health?"

15. Smokin'Joe

Jul 3, 2010
    California, USA
    Heh, man, there's got to be a medical study here. As well as a sociological study! "The Socio/Medical Ramifications of Extended SoG Play in Homo Sapiens" (adverse effects on health, relationships and careers). :eek:

16. Handy

Handy Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NY, NY
    Hey Pirhanna,

thanks for the rocketry lesson! You got me real good!!! I've been playing a bit more lately. I don't know if it's a fluke or not... For a while there I was playing about once a week. I guess I've picked it up again.

And by the way, that wasn't a Z2 I was in. It's the white Hien, aka the lightningbolt. It's fairly effective against the Z3. Great maneuverability and firepower, although the armor is not that strong.

GG!!!

17. Pirhanna

Jul 7, 2010
    Argh!! I am getting old...that explains it! I can't get the white Hein sadly ;(

18. m@yh3m

m@yh3m Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    That white Hein II is beauty. I've written SGN several times asking about it but to no avail. And I don't remember my thumbs getting sore. On the contrary, they went numb! =-p

19. m@yh3m

m@yh3m Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Zetor D-:

Ran into Zetor today. Luckily, I was on the same team, so I didn't get any kills. Seems to have toned down his killing rate some. Still pretty quick.

Attached Files:

20. Pirhanna

Jul 7, 2010
    I just don't get the thrill of hacking a game just to go in and blast everyone out of the sky by the push of a button...and to have kept doing it this long...this guy needs a life