Home Invasion

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Tidy, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Tidy

Tidy Member

Jun 4, 2013
    #1 Tidy, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    *** NOTE *** Now available for iPhone & iPad. Also per TouchArcade rules I am the creator of this game and the promo codes were created about 15 minutes ago.

Well it has been a long time in the making, but I finally completed my first iOS Game. A year and a half, but I did it.

Game Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/home-invasion/id500100724?ls=1&mt=8

If you use a promotion code PLEASE LEAVE GOOD FEEDBACK. Also, if anyone has any questions on how I created anything. Reply to this thread and I will answer your questions.

There were nights when I almost gave up on the project. To all the newcomers I just have one peace of advice that I learned the hard way. HAVE A PLAN, don’t do what I did and go in blind. Write out EVERYTHING. But let me get off my soap box.

Promo Codes (First Come)
    7L7WW6FA9PJ4
    4YE3LF9YLEWX
    JJER6TEK9RT7
    3YH49AR3MFMX
    H97LNJWYEM3W
    YWWYPPK9JKTA
    EAH9YMA9F7YT
    EENAWJA66LLX
    ARKHYALRPK67
    A6NJAKLNT4FJ

2. Tidy

Tidy Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I don't bite.

3. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I took A6NJAKLNT4FJ and will return with feedback as soon as I get the chance!

4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I thought it was going to be about creeps in masks breaking into your house and trying to kill you and your family for the fun of it. Dissapointed.

5. Tidy

Tidy Member

Jun 4, 2013
    I was going for a more family friendly type game. Something that all ages would be able to enjoy. Was there anything in the game you didn't like @MrMojoRisin

6. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    LOL, sorry, I didn't actually play it. I was just commenting based on the name and then the screenshots.

7. Tidy

Tidy Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Oh Ok, no problem. Thanks for checking the game out though.

8. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #8 Bool Zero, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    I won't say it is mindless as you really have to pay attention while playing it once you get past just one enemy type. I will say it is very reflexive and hectic, frantic even! Definitely not a game I could play for even modest spurts once you get to the later stages though, which may be the only issue, but I assume that's what the other modes are for. I can see myself playing a stage and then going to something else mainly because my hand would be fatigued after just playing a stage or two of this.

I like the premise and mixing up different attacks as they are more effective against different enemy types. I just wonder if the game is too hectic. Or perhaps I am just too old and have old man hands that can't keep up anymore or feel it ore when I try to, hehe!

Otherwise, I didn't expect much and found a nice little game here.i can definitely seeithaving its crowd and you paced it just right to where just when I started saying "when do I start seeing more of the game?", then BAM! I reach the next stage which opens up more of the gameplay variety!

I don't what other criticisms to levy other than you are going to cripple some folks hands with this game!

9. Tidy

Tidy Member

Jun 4, 2013
    First off, thanks for taking the time to check my game out. This was my first solo project, I thought I would never complete it. I was going for a game that didn't require much thinking, but also one that would test the player a little. The game play does get quite intense. Some of the higher levels might be even considered "Nintendo Hard". I believe frantic is the perfect description of some of the higher levels. Thanks for the feedback @Bool Zero

10. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Used H97LNJWYEM3W

TA has review

More music sounds

11. Harry Merkin

Harry Merkin Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Used code YWWYPPK9JKTA! Thanks!

12. Bromep

Bromep New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    I need to wait.

I need to wait.
    Your game run on the iPhone.

13. Tidy

Tidy Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Sorry about that, I updated the my first post. The game is out for iPhone and iPad.

14. Tidy

Tidy Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Thanks for the input, I'm working on updating my audio. Hopefully I can have something out within 3 or 4 weeks.

15. Harry Merkin

Harry Merkin Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2012
    It's not my cup of tea, but my kids are really enjoying it. I'm not into the frenetic tapping so much. I knew there would be that, but I didn't realize it was so much.

Again, my kids seem to be really enjoying it though. Great work!