Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-12-2014, 04:36 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I got a promo at some point. I am going to give an honest review so it might hurt. The first thing I noticed about this game was that the music is the same tune that geometry dash plays in the first level. That for me was a big turn off because if you played geometry dash you know how magical the song is, if the game cannot live up to the magic GD has then you are already setting yourself up for failure. So I turned it off. Their are not any sound effects in the game. This game could use something. The buttons are very simple and so is the game. You control a big circle through simple but very frustrating obstacles. Sometimes I cannot tell if I am moving through a straight path because nothing changes on the screen until I run into an obstacle. I beat the first level in a couple attempts. And I got so frustrated with the second level I gave up. As of right now there are only 3 level that seems to be very similar but more difficult. Dev, this is a great effort for a first game but I cannot recommend it as it is. You should have something in the level menu that says you completed the a level. Anyways, I give it 1.5 stars. If you improved some of the things that I brought up, I think it would make it a better game. Sorry for the bad review but I'm just being honest. I read that you are coming out with an update so I hope that will improve things.
Isn't it funny how different people see things so differently? Cause I really respect Coolpeppers opinion!
For me, I liked the game mostly as is. I thought that if only I first could have a visual of what the maze looks like before each level, that it would take away any difficulty. But otherwise, I really liked it!

To the dev;
As I said.. I respect Coolpepper's opinion very much. Most likely has been playing games much longer then I have.
So, I would trust what Coolpepper wrote.

I haven't played geometry dash so I didn't recognize the music.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:48 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
Isn't it funny how different people see things so differently? Cause I really respect Coolpeppers opinion!
For me, I liked the game mostly as is. I thought that if only I first could have a visual of what the maze looks like before each level, that it would take away any difficulty. But otherwise, I really liked it!

To the dev;
As I said.. I respect Coolpepper's opinion very much. Most likely has been playing games much longer then I have.
So, I would trust what Coolpepper wrote.

I haven't played geometry dash so I didn't recognize the music.
Thank you very much lavender for the complements. I'm not saying this game is garbage. It definitely has potential but right now it's almost like it's still in beta. To me this game is like flappy birds. It can be very frustrating but at least in flappy birds you have some kind of feedback visual and audio that makes it addicting in some ways. To me this game is just plain frustrating. Gameplay to me is also more important than any visuals. But if the gameplay cannot hold up by itself it may need some audio and some kind of graphic improvement. I would either invest more time in the gameplay (recommended) or put a lot of time in graphics and audio effects.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:56 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I got a promo at some point. I am going to give an honest review so it might hurt. The first thing I noticed about this game was that the music is the same tune that geometry dash plays in the first level. That for me was a big turn off because if you played geometry dash you know how magical the song is, if the game cannot live up to the magic GD has then you are already setting yourself up for failure. So I turned it off. Their are not any sound effects in the game. This game could use something. The buttons are very simple and so is the game. You control a big circle through simple but very frustrating obstacles. Sometimes I cannot tell if I am moving through a straight path because nothing changes on the screen until I run into an obstacle. I beat the first level in a couple attempts. And I got so frustrated with the second level I gave up. As of right now there are only 3 level that seems to be very similar but more difficult. Dev, this is a great effort for a first game but I cannot recommend it as it is. You should have something in the level menu that says you completed the a level. Anyways, I give it 1.5 stars. If you improved some of the things that I brought up, I think it would make it a better game. Sorry for the bad review but I'm just being honest. I read that you are coming out with an update so I hope that will improve things.
Hey, Thanks for the feedback. First the music, the reason for choosing stereo madness is I've known the artist who made it for quite a while and he thought it fit very nicely to go with a level. I haven't found enough music yet for each level so I have stuck with the single one for all of them at the moment. Second, sound effects are going to be in the next update depending on how they turn out and time. Lastly the part where you say it doesn't look like your moving, that is only in a couple of places but I will be changing it soon with some sort of background to fix that issue. Hopefully that answers all your questions and I didn't skip any.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:10 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Only 1 day left to get the game for free! So go get it now through the link below! Also New Update will be out in about 8 days!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/implausible-maze/id891191461?ls=1&mt=8
Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default New Lite Version!!!

Hey all,
The lite version has finally been approved by apple. Link is below along with the full version.

Lite:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/implausible-maze-lite/id900241425?ls=1&mt=8

Full version:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/implausible-maze/id891191461?ls=1&mt=8