Release date Issues, not showing up on New Release page

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by butterbean21, Sep 1, 2010.

1. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I don't know if any other devs have had this issue, but before, I would set my release date for the future, once the app was approved, or even before, and it would show up on the new release page that I set the date for "availability"

Now, if I set an app to say, the 1st of September, but it was accepted on August 30th, it shows up on the August 30th pile, thereby getting pushed down on the new release page, and decreasing visibility.

If anyone knows exactly, the best method to get your app on the new release page, please let me know

Thanks!

2. sumiguchi

sumiguchi Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Developer (Business Apps)
    Canada
    I'm pretty sure that the date it is approved is the date used for release date and there isn't any way around it.

So the best way to get on the new release list is to NOT future date the availability date. Sorry.

3. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Thanks appreciate the feedback.

I was able to do this at one point, like set it to release a few days ahead, but I'm assuming it's not working anymore. From now on, I'll set the availability date to when apple approves it.