The New iPad Retina Display Game Thread!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Borgqueenx, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Dgut

Dgut Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
  2. Jyaif

Jyaif Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Male
    Independent game dev
    Paris, France
    Since the iPhone 4, PewPew automatically uses the maximum resolution, so it should work on any iOS device.
    Also, I tested PewPew in the new iPad simulator and it was running correctly in Hi-def.
    If you have jaggy edges, then maybe the iPad allows apps to use the Retina display only if they have been resubmitted. I am going to do an update just to be sure.

3. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    no point of this thread if the OP doesn't update

4. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    actually, my topic got taken over by a moderator.
    I still have edit rights, and will update somewhere today. i update "every" day, unless im busy ALL day. and those days are rare.
    i already said i didnt had time yesterday and the day before because i was getting my ipad 3.

5. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
  6. Borgqueenx

Feb 1, 2010
    okay people, let me know what ones to delete from the list, because maybe someone added it to this topic saying it got retina support, while it not yet has.

also keep the games coming.

7. PixelsOnToast

PixelsOnToast Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
  8. killerzombie4

killerzombie4 Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Your missing Order and Chaos

9. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    #129 Ghostz, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
    Just out of curiosity, does the ground around cities and buildings in Sky gamblers 2 still look muddled on the new iPad. I noticed they look weird on 4S

10. Weblaus

Weblaus Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Quick notice: Monsters Ate My Condo does not yet have retina graphics - for one it doesn't look that way and more specifically, the notes for the recent update explicitely state that retina graphics will be included with the next one.

11. NoThru22

NoThru22 Well-Known Member

ComicZeal already supports retina comic book display on the iPad. Only the UI is not in retina. The difference between my iPad 1 and 2 looks insane.

12. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Kingdom Rush will be updated to Retina, according to a dev posting in the iPad forum.

13. Try This

Try This Member

Mini Touch Golf now supports iPad Retina.

1 app - supports iPhone, iPad, iPhone Retina, and now iPad Retina.

14. ileff

ileff Active Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Hi guys,

v1.1 update of my app Video Poker Clock is now live in the appstore. Previously was an iphone app but now universal including 2048x1536 retina graphics for iPad3. I've dropped the price to free for the next few days to give you a chance to grab it.

I'd love to hear any feedback on my twitter @ileff.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/video-poker-clock/id490499646?mt=8

15. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Bike baron was just updated with retina support.

16. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, sadly though the build *does* have the higher resolution assets in the binary, the device isn't loading them. We're diagnosing why that happened and plan on getting an update out soon that DOES support retina. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. :\

17. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Bike Baron update adding high-resolution graphics for new iPad was released today! Enjoy ;)

[​IMG]

18. Borgqueenx

Feb 1, 2010
    Thx will add that tommorow

19. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Cheers mate!

20. Philipp

Philipp Well-Known Member

I've just added Retina graphics to the 2-players-1-iPad game Siege Towers For Two!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/siege-towers-for-two/id423691021

Promo code, you say? 10 to grab for the first people to drop me an email ([email protected])! Please write a review and add 5 stars if you like it :)

The screenshot is just a JPEG of the old version, the actual iPad 3 version is super sharp.

[​IMG]

I've got several more 2-player games at VersusPad which I'm updating for Retina support (there's currently an issue with the iPad 3 with them, so they need an update in any case!).