Order and Chaos 1 Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by IDABRO, Apr 16, 2012.

1. IDABRO

IDABRO Active Member

Nov 4, 2011
    #1 IDABRO, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    Hey guys so almost a year ago (April 26th 2011) arguably the most well-executed MMORPG came out for iPhone and iPad , and later would come out for Android and Mac. This game is of course Order and Chaos by Gameloft. I remember when it first came out, it seemed like almost everyone here was playing it, and we even started a Toucharcade guild. A little less than 2 months later though, it seems that many of you left. Here is the original thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=92325

Well, since then, the game has exploded with a large community and countless updates. It's had it's ups and downs, with hacking and bad customer service being among the greatest problems, but for those of us who have stuck around, it's been more than worth it. I personally have gotten 4 level 60's and geared one of them (my monk) in full epics due to dungeons bringing stronger gear and better items, and now I am waiting for PvP arenas, as are many others. It is anticipated that Gameloft will be releasing PvP arenas soon, maybe even for the anniversary.

Gameloft's track record with this game has been purely PvE, but we as a community have made our own PvP fun in Vega Square and at an area where this boss called "The Shadow Prince" spawns. Although it seems that another dungeon may appear next, I was wondering if some of the Toucharcade may come back for PvP arenas when they arrive? The community is huge and it may be hard to get geared, but that's the fun of it. Gameloft took what is usually a casual platform and made a hardcore game. I actually make a podcast that includes games like Order and Chaos (links in sig), and many others have done creative things with the game.

So without making too many paragraphs here, I really just wanted to make this thread to see what you guys think. If you left the game, what was your main reason? Was it a lack of updates at the time that actually became fairly frequent later? Or Gamelofts customer care that has slightly improved over the past few months? Or are MMORPG's just not your thing, and maybe you thought this was poorly executed? I guess I am trying to persuade some of you to come back and at least try to play it again as we are on the verge of this anniversary. Please feel free to say anything you'd like on the matter, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

PS. The link to the forum is here, so you can see what the community is sort of like: http://onlinegames-forum.gameloft.com/index.php

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    When this first came out i was sooooo addicted to it, loved it ! Got to level 35 but got bored with the PvP arenas and obviously all the users who used to wait there to attack anyone less powerful.

But the two main reasons were i was ignoring all the other 100's of apps i had on my ipod and as i played it on my ipod touch i didnt always have an internet connection. Would LOVE an 'offline' Order and Chaos, bit like another Aralon.

Like i say i was ignoring all the other apps i had and all the new games which were coming out so i was torn. Did i play Order & Chaos more and more or go back to the variety of my other apps

So after 3 months i de-installed Order & Chaos, a brilliant game but just couldnt dedicate the time to it i wanted to really.

3. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Topic got locked on the official forums because people were posting NEGATIVE opinions. GG Gameloft.

Here's what I was in the middle of typing just before lock:

While the game itself was a lot of fun when I played, it was just FAR too dependent on IAP's for me to recommend it to friends. Gold is farmable, so that's not too terrible, but the crafting ingredients and dungeon resets? It's a bit unfair to ask us to pay a subscription fee AND force us to buy special crafting ingredients in order to obtain that "elite" gear.

While I think O&C is still the best MMO on the iOS/Android, there's a lot more Gameloft could have done to make it more enjoyable. I'd pay a little more in subscription fees to avoid having to pay IAP's to enjoy the game to it's fullest extent.

4. IDABRO

IDABRO Active Member

Nov 4, 2011
    I do agree with you on some of this. Some have said that IAP's are too much and too expensive, but I don't think so. I mean the first 3 months are free, and it's $3 to buy an additional 6 months, which would be $3 for your first 9 months. That's extemely cheap. Yes there are other IAP's like to buy rune gear, but you must upgrade it to epic so you DON'T pay to win. And you aren't forced to buy the rune gear because it now drops in the first dungeon frequently.

You can only pay $3 for 9 months and get 3 level 60's on one account fully geared, it just takes time and work. Paying $15 is just faster for some, and it's optional. To sum this all up, while some things in the game may be over priced, this game has transformed from "pay to win" to "work to win", so I think Gameloft has executed this well. The only thing we need now is a REASON to get all this gear and work for it, which will be PvP arenas. I still think Gameloft has a long way to go, but they really do have a chance at making this the best and making it for more than one anniversary.

5. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I remember beans. That was fun.

6. IDABRO

IDABRO Active Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Beans? Lol is that a toon name? Were you on AF server?

7. IDABRO

IDABRO Active Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Today 4/26/12 is the one year anniversary!