Universal Boom Beach by Supercell (Clash of Clans\Hay Day)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ValtermcPires, Nov 10, 2013.

1. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I have been having a lot of fun with this game, but it feels like he offense becomes pretty underpowered around level 16 or so.

Right around that point, if someone sets up their guns in the right places, it's basically impossible for me to destroy their base. I'm level 20 now and I have 5 bases on my map that I can't touch and in turn my base has not been attacked in a week and hasn't been destroyed in even longer.

Anyone else finding this as they continue to play?

2. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    I am level 17 and I agree with what you said. There are about 10 opponents on my map, but it's unlikely that I will kill any of them, if I attacked. They are all level 15+ and not exactly noobs.

I do get raided every other day, and there's the odd failed attack on my base. I am surprised you aren't getting attacked more. Perhaps you ought to upgrade your radar.

3. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Yes. I realized after a while that the strategy element of this game is pretty lightweight. It was fun at first to figure out good strategies for attacking and defending, but pretty quickly it became evident that levelled up bases and troops trump skill and strategy every time once you've figured out what strategy there is. I think this is an intentional part of the design, since there's no way to sell strategy to players, but they can sell diamonds which allow players to level up quickly. So the game is designed to heavily emphasize leveling up as the way to succeed and de-emphasize skill.

4. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Agreed it ramps up sharply at about level 16. More of a problem is the reliance on stone for everything and how incredibly slow you get it. I finally was close to enough stone (9k) to upgrade my base and then lost HALF OF IT to an attack by someone. Close to deleting this. I would spend money but I don't feel like it would really help.

5. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Or perhaps I ought not :)

6. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    It's funny how all these problems everyone is having are not in Clash of Clans. In fact, this game is pretty much clash of clans with a different theme and no social features.

You could argue 'Clash of Clans doesn't have flares' or 'it has less strategy', however believe it or not Clash of Clans ends up having far more strategy over boom beach.

The problem of finding opponents you can't beat is solved by simply dropping trophies to a lower league in clash of clans.

The only reason I see people playing Boom Beach over clash of clans is if they want to start fresh and not always look up to the strong players like you would if you started in CoC.

7. Hawkeye67

Apr 23, 2012
    #187 Hawkeye67, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    I always upgrade the Radar, although I haven't done so in a week simply due to a lack of resources. The Terror Weekly event yielded a large amount of stone. I used it all up, and now the inflow is back to a trickle.

My average rate of getting raided is about thrice a week. But that's god, because I am always curious to see how someone will defeat my latest layout.

Sadly, as of now, there's never enough gold or stone anymore to do much else except upgrade a sniper or residence, whenever I open the game.

8. Design by Adrian

Design by Adrian Active Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Mobile/Web Designer & Developer
    London / Stockholm
    Better mechanics than Clash of Clans, but boring.

9. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Needs a social clan like aspect so you can jabber with friends and share replays while you play the game.

10. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I deleted around this point. It was going well, but yeah, the strategy goes out the window once you're facing two missile launchers and a flamethrower. It just becomes impossible.

11. K1ll4lot

K1ll4lot Member

Apr 14, 2014
    i also deleted at lvl 18. i had anything on the map from lvl 20 to 28 and i couldnt touch them as they all figured a right base design by that time. it just becomes frustrating and there was not really anything in sight (rewarding features) to keep me going.

12. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Since you can only build/upgrade one building at a time, I think this game should have a gameplay reward mechanic like in infinity blade 2 and 3. In those games you can put herbs and jewels in the 'oven' and you can upgrade maxed out weapons and all three have real world timers on them. But every time you actually complete a stage with Isa or Siris 9 hours advance off the herb/jewel/blacksmith timers.

Would be cool if the more you engaged npcs and other players, each time you did a little bit of time was sliced off your upgrade/construction timers. Would definitely encourage active gameplay.

13. Hawkeye67

Apr 23, 2012
    I was not aware that adding Gamecenter friends was possible in the game.

Had been playing this game every day since it came out, till last week. Then I suddenly stopped altogether. Basically what happened was that I could no longer gather and retain the resources needed to upgrade my base to the next level, without getting robbed overnight.

14. atmmta

atmmta Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    The best time to get resources is from dr terror events every Wednesday and Saturday, if you've unlocked them. Your matchmaking score should drop after some inactivity so you may not get robbed as often. Also don't upgrade the radar as this will attract higher ranked opponents.

15. Hawkeye67

Apr 23, 2012
    I just reopened the app. And yes it does seem like the attacks stopped after the first few days (replays not available). At one point I had full amounts of iron, rock and gold. But was way short of the required 190k wood needed for HQ lvl 11. :)

Just did Dr terror rounds 1-3. Never been able to do beat the 4th.

16. MajorCheevo

MajorCheevo Member

May 22, 2014
    Looking
    USA
    Just wanted to say hi to my fellow TA Boomers

17. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    #197 Gamer1st, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    Since they just did a big update that allows groups to attack large bases I started the Boom Beach equivalent of a TA clan. Join here if interested...
    #9PGU9L

18. chaniaweb

chaniaweb Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Actually the update is terrible. They introduced taskteams only to slip in something they knew would not be welcomed with open arms.

You now have a very low max of enemies on your map. What means is that it will take a huge amount of time to gain resources. Also, you are likely to end up with a small group of enemies that are too difficult for you to beat. In both cases, they hope you buy more diamonds.
    To participate in taskgroups you need intel, which can only be gained by attacking. But if you cant win, you wont get intel(again you need diamonds).
    You will get robbed more because people need you off their map. So again you end up with less resources.

To top that: you now get far less diamonds in random chests(or rather you get less chests).

The only other way is to beat dr terror twice a week.....but Supercell thought of that too!!! They made dr terror way more difficult. Its now not only tougher with advanced weapons of high level, but also uses statues to boost defense and offense.

All in all: they didnt just raise their paywall, but they made it so big and high that you cant even see the sky anymore.

19. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    How can I join? It seems full with 5/5 members, yet other clans seem to have 50 slots. Is there a reason why?

20. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    Love this game!