Blaster X HD. Over 400 Levels! Promo-codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by 2GMGRudy, May 25, 2013.

1. 2GMGRudy

2GMGRudy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    CO-Founder of 2GMG and Game Developer
    Thank you for the great idea. I am going to try that in the future. Yes, it would be nice if people would be kind enough to post if they used the code. It took us a long time to make Blaster X HD and any exposure greatly helps us out.

For the great advice, I sent you a Promo-code in a PM to you. :)

Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x-hd/id615851024?mt=8

Thanks again!
    Rudy

[​IMG]

2. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Thanks I really appreciate it, I also replied by a private message. I'll be posting some thoughts here in the next few days once I get to try the app some more. Thanks again!

3. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    #43 Gamer1st, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    This is an amazing looking, great playing game with very simple slingshot mechanics, and amazing graphics. This game is a little on expensive side on a site where .99 games abound, but you're getting a game with 400 levels! It hooks you from the first level and is a premium title that anyone in the family can play and have a ball doing it.

Over 400 levels!
    My hat is tipped to your team.

4. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Hey all, I played through the entire game and got 3 stars on every level. I figured I would post my review for you guys below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blaster X HD is a simple casual game with great controls and some nice art. The premise of the game is to collect all of the orbs on a level with the least amount of tries. You launch the ball anywhere on the level.Once it is is motion, you are able to place your finger anywhere which creates an elastic like bond to the ball, which gives you some control. Using this ability depletes energy which is obtained by collecting the orbs. The levels feature a 3 star system, so if you want all 3 stars, you have to get all the orbs in one launch. This makes the game more challenging and fun, especially at the later levels.

The graphics of the game are for the most part nice. There are 9 areas, each with a different style. This helps keep the game refreshing, seeing as there is a whooping 414 levels. Some parts of the game looks pixelated, for example some of the balls you unlock seem to have jagged edges. This isn't a huge problem since the ball is usually in motion, making it difficult to spot. There are also some nice particles effects left by the ball when it collides with an object.

The sounds in the game range from okay to great. My favorite sound is when you hit an orb, it makes a nice popping sound. For some reason, this specific sound would stop playing during some levels. Some of the other sounds can be a little obnoxious, for example on the area Qore, there is an obnoxious sound that plays every time you play a level in the area. Also, there is no background music. While not a biggie, it would really be cool if they had music that fit along with the theme of each area.

Personally I find the gameplay quite enjoyable, especially if you try to get 3 stars on each level. The controls are very well done making it fun to play. The first few beginning areas are quite easy. Later the difficulty ramps up a bit, with areas where the ball can be lost, walls that destroy the ball on contact, and areas that either attract the ball or repel it. These are the levels I had a lot of fun with, because I had to come up with a strategy to hit all the orbs in 1 go.

Overall, the game is quite a blast to play. With 414 levels over 9 areas, it will keep you busy for a good but. It is kind of sad I have to mention this, but there is not a single IAP. Yep, you read that right. No IAP to unlock other levels, or to give you a boost. The game does have a few occasional glitches, like the ball glitching out of the level. Other than that, it is quite a solid game that was developed by a team of only 2 people (Who are quite awesome).

Score: 8/10

Positives:
    + 414 levels
    + Varied areas
    + Fun gameplay
    + Pretty good graphics
    + Great controls

Negatives:
    - Some areas feel lacking
    - No in-game music
    - Occasional glitches

5. best

best Well-Known Member

Wow it looks so amazing. I dont know how this could go unnoticed. I can't afford the $5 but i wish good luck with the devs. Such amazing graphics for 2 indie devs.

6. 2GMGRudy

May 2, 2013
  7. 2GMGRudy

May 2, 2013
    Thank You Best for the nice comments. If you would like to add our game to your wish list so you are notified of a Sale, that would be cool...we do those occasionally.

Thank you again for the compliment, it was definitely hard work and it is nice to see that it doesn't go unnoticed. :)

Thanks,
    Rudy

Co-Founder of 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
    [​IMG]

8. 2GMGRudy

May 2, 2013
    Thank You very much Gamer1st. For 2 Guys doing everything, it was a lot of work, but we enjoyed it and are very happy with the result.

Thank You,
    Rudy

Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x-hd/id615851024?mt=8
    Co-Founder 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
    [​IMG]

9. 2GMGRudy

May 2, 2013
    Happy New Year - 2 Codes Attached!

Hello,

I hope everyone had a great holiday and best wishes to all for 2014!

Below are a couple of Promo-codes for our game Blaster X HD.

400+ Handcrafted Levels
    Zero Ads / Zero IAPs.

Please help us pass on the news of our game. Thank You!

***Reviews/Recommendations***

"400 levels of gorgeous action puzzles" - Kotaku.com

"For a game set in a box, Blaster X HD does a lot of thinking outside of it." - 148Apps.com

"Players who especially like physics-based Games, will be thrilled with this promising new Indie Title" - Appgefahren.de

"Arcade gameplays fans looking for a game that will last should try Blaster X HD" - Appolicious.com

"It’s very much one of those games that will have you saying, 'Just one more level,' for many more levels" - TechnologyTell.com

"Great looking levels, addictive gameplay and a seemingly never-ending supply of levels." - DevelopersAccomplice.co.uk

Promo-codes: EMYFN73TATWX
    3A9YWTHMJR9R

Happy New Year!
    Rudy

Creator of Blaster X HD
    [​IMG]

10. epik5

epik5 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Codes used D:

11. 2GMGRudy

May 2, 2013
    @epik5

Did you mean that you used a code, or that they were already used, and the people who used them didn't post?

Anibus mentioned, as an idea in an earlier post, to have people maybe post on our Facebook/Twitter page and then post here and I could send them one privately - this way it stays with TouchArcade members. I am most likely going to do that for now on, I just didn't have the time to do that for my last post.

Anyway, please let me know.

Thank You,
    Rudy

12. 2GMGRudy

May 2, 2013
    2GMG Turns 1! / Blaster X HD on Sale at 99 cents to Celebrate!

Hi Everyone,

Today, our Indie start-up 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games) turns 1! It was a hard road, but a fun one, to get where we are today. We wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone who has supported us along the way.

To Celebrate, Blaster X HD will be on a very Limited Time Sale of 99 cents! If you are looking for one of the most challenging games on iOS, with 414 Levels, great graphics, unique gameplay, while also having Zero Ads and Zero IAPs - Blaster X HD would be a great game for you :)

Thank you again for your support over the year and to new adventures in the future!

Promo-code F646KWXNM37F

*Please, if you use a promo-code, if you be so kind to post here that you did, would be great. Also following us on Facebook and Twitter would be cool too. :)

Thank You,
    Rudy

Creator of Blaster X HD
    www.facebook.com/2GMGames
    www.twitter.com/2GMGames
    [​IMG]

13. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    F646KWXNM37F
    Hello.
    I redeemed this code. Thanks so much for your generosity.
    I honestly didn't really think that it was still available and on a chance, I tried it. Wow!

Thank you.

14. 2GMGRudy

May 2, 2013
    Glad the code worked for you! Please let us know how you like it!

Thanks,
    Rudy

[​IMG]

15. 2GMGRudy

May 2, 2013
    Promos***

A couple of Promos for our game Blaster X HD on iPad. (400+ Levels on all generations of iPad and iPad Mini. Zero IAPs and Zero ADs.)

Blaster X HD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blaster-x-hd/id615851024?mt=8

HAHNE664N99T
    KAJWJLW9EYR6

Please post if you use them.

Thank You,
    Rudy

[​IMG]

16. Grzesiek11

Grzesiek11 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    HAHNE664N99T redeemed. Thank you.

17. 2GMGRudy

May 2, 2013
    You are welcome, and no problem at all. If you would also like to join us on Facebook and Twitter that would be great. Please let us know what you think about our game Blaster X HD and if you have any suggestions.

2GMG on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames

2GMG on Twitter: @2GMGames

Thank You,
    Rudy