Universal Coloristic (by Daniel Krautwurst)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sonconic, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    #21 Kraudi2k, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Hi. As you said most of the time there is more than one solution. But this do not translate for all level in the game. Lvl 64 for example is not possible with all three (Maybe i'm wrong but I don't know how it should be done :D). It's because the red one is to short to use any portal.
    I thought it would be cool not to make all solutions the same. So yeah sometimes it is on purpose to distract the player :D

Thank you for your message and regards,
    Sonconic

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #22 y2kmp3, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Kraudi2k, do you work with Sonconic and are writing this message on his behalf? Am I speaking with the game's creator? I am confused.

3. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Haha sry. Kraudi is my „private“ account here. I‘m using Sonconic as my game dev account here. I just forgot to log out :) My fault *_*

Regards

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks for the confirmation about level 64. Good to know that one of the portals were indeed a red herring as I suspected.

5. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #25 y2kmp3, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Sonconic,

Can you please fix the lag in the game's response to swipes when navigating a chain? My swipe would get frequently and randomly interrupted when the chain is crossing a special tile, especially an arrow tile. This makes the time trials utterly frustrating to master. The lag is so bad that time trials are basically unplayable on slower hardware, such as an iPad 2. Even on an iPad Air 2, the lag is extremely bad. The fact that the responsiveness is hardware dependent makes the time trial an inherent biased game mode. An example is level 52. Tried so many times to try to get 100 for this level but my swipes constantly get interrupted when crossing the two arrow tiles, making the time trial impossible to win. :(

6. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Thank you for your message. I will definitely look into this and it‘s at the top of my list. Because I‘m also want to do add support for the upcoming iPhone X I‘ll try my best to include it in the next update. I just had some days off because of private stuff but I hope to have the update done around the weekend. I will keep you updated on this one!

Regards

7. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks, Sonconic. Can you confirm (at least for now) that you are also seeing this behavior in the current build? I have tried the game on both an iPad 2 and an iPad Air 2. The lag is present in both hardware. I don't have any device running iOS 10, however, so I cannot be certain if this is an iOS specific bug.

8. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    #28 Sonconic, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Did you had that lag on version 1.0 or 1.1 also?

9. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #29 y2kmp3, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    I can only confirm that the lag exists with 1.1 as I did not play the 1.0 build of the game. 1.2 did not fix the problem. Please try out level 52. The lag is readily noticeable in this level as you swipe quickly across the arrow tiles. The game refuses to register the arrow tiles initially and only does so if you backtrack and try again. This ruins the time trial, making it impossible (at least at my playthroughs so far) to reach 100 in the rating. Alternatively, the time threshold to score 100 rating for this level is bugged.

10. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Oh I think I misunderstood this. I thought you meant the overall performance (FPS) is laggy.
    Yeah someone has already mentioned that the game sometimes not registers when swiping over a arrow. I already know about the arrow problem and yeah I'm trying to fix is for the next update :)

Thanks for your report! Always good to get got feedback :)

Regards

11. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    @y2kmp3

It looks like I found the problem what causes the arrow to stop the swipe. I fixed it and I will include it in the next update!

Regards

12. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I am impressed, Sonconic. Looking forward to the update and retrying Level 52. Just curious, what was the cause? Was it a queuing issue sensing the swipes?

13. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Well it was just the game recognized it a tense second too late so the game just stopped the swipe. I‘m testing right now and If I have no problem I try to send the update to apple tonight.

Regards

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Is this issue prevalent for all iOS devices and all supported iOS versions? I am asking because I assume that the current time goal to score a rating of 100 for level 52 is based on play times in which this lag exists. If such is the case, I actually don't see how the level is beatable this way. The highest I got is 94. The glitch makes it impossible to get 100.

15. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Yes it is not related to one device or iOS version. All have the same. Though I have to say it‘s possible to not get 100 in every level. Especially the last ones it should be nearly impossible. Don‘t see 100 as a „real“ maximum it is just a number the game can give you. I‘m sure there are levels where no one can top 94 or so. This is intentional because I wanted to have it really tough in the end.

By the way the testing went well and the problem seem to be fixed as well. Update is now in review :)

Regards

16. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #36 y2kmp3, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    This is an important revelation, Sonconic. I was unaware of this. How did you base the time goals to set the ratings originally? If it may not be possible to score a rating of 100 "realistically", why not readjust the current goals to more realistic ones?

BTW, I really appreciate your effort and enthusiasm attending to your fans' concerns about the game. I am glad to have decided to try out your game and have greatly enjoyed the experience despite this minor issue.

17. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    First of all thank you very much for your kind words. I really appreciate that :) I just try to make simple but fun games which are perfect for the go on mobile phones.

In terms of the rating for each level. It would definitely be possible to set level specific goals. I may consider this to include in an future update. Good suggestion :)

Regards

18. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    @y2kmp3

The update has been approved and should appear in the next hour! Would cool to hear back from you if the problem is solved!

Regards,
    Sonconic

19. aib.nihan

aib.nihan Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Indie Game Developer
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    interesting to play

this is a good game and interesting to play this game :)

20. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Thank you very much! Nice to hear you like it! :)