Best Counterstrike Title?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Elixir, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Elixir

Elixir Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Canada.
    The Original made in 2000, Source or Global Offensive?

I'm thinking of getting one from steam, but their ratings are pretty close. Except for Global Offensive, which is quite a bit lower. But it's much newer.
    Graphics don't mean too much, it's gameplay that matters =/

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I am thinking Source is the right one to get. It has the biggest community, most mods, most hardcore fanbase, and overall I think all these things make it the most fun.

Personally, of course. :)

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I was talking to my friend about this yesterday. He's been playing since the original and said that although there are people who will always swear by Source, he thinks most of the community has acknowledged that GO has taken over as "the place to be" and is the best place to enter the series.

I was going to pick it up myself, but I just missed the sale.

4. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    As someone that has spent hundreds of hours on Source (not much compared to my friends, lol) I think GO is a bit derpy. When you look around there is a sort of acceleration that I don't like even when mouse acceleration is turned off. 1.6 and Source are snappy and have no delay/acceleration. The guns in Source feel much better, but that's just my opinion. I feel as if all the guns have the same spread in GO, and the recoil on some of the guns is too much.

5. TechiG

TechiG New Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Source it is because the term source sounds everything comes from it.