Official ELIMINATE Thread - 4 Player Online FPS [Will be FREE] [APPROVED]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mjmoco, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

TouchArcade asks, will you download ELIMINATE?

1. Yes

466 vote(s)
    91.0%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Don't know yet

22 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Wow that's great! Lol on the less monologue part :)

2. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Yeah, I saw that earlier, it should be interesting to see what this entails exactly. I haven't really ever been able to understand why some people have such negative feelings about these guys, but whatever they can do to reverse this is welcome.

3. Jas765

Jas765 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    student
    NSW, Australia
    I have nothing against ngmoco, They're awesome IMO, but releasing more info could convince more people to buy their games.

4. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    Yeah definitely, I agree with you that releasing more info would be a good thing to convince people who are sceptical. The point is, they have a killer product that they're going to be releasing, and I think that anyone who plays the game is going to love it. They need to get the game out there and exposed to as many people as possible, and I think an openness in dialogue can only help with that goal.

There is a sort of contradiction in that the smaller a studio is, the more open they are expected to be by the community. People forgive big developers like EA and Gameloft for keeping information close to the belt, but expect a completely different standard from smaller publishers. I'm not entirely sure why this is, but I've noticed it over and over again.

5. njedi

njedi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    8 players would be better.

I'd like a slower paced shooter with more players, allows for greater tactical gameplay (choke points etc)

6. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    I also enjoy that sort of game, but I don't think you're ever going to see Eliminate focused in this direction. This is really focused on fast-paced, close quarter gameplay. Any additions made to slow down the game or broaden the scale of battle are going to come much further down the road, if at ever.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I agree! Gameloft and ea rarely maintain a steady flow of information either!

8. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    They're much larger companies - that is the strangeness of it all. The bigger the company, the more they're forgiven for keeping information private.

Ngmoco only has 35 people, so there is a sort of expectation with some people that they involve the community with all of their plans and decisions. So in that sense, I think a greater degree of openness is a good thing, despite the fact that they've already been reasonably open.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

10. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
  11. Ducayne

Ducayne Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    TV/Film Production
    NYC
  12. efp1

efp1 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Finland
    I agree 100%! :p

13. dyepbr

dyepbr Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Wow, that brings back the best memories. I loved the weapons and different types of bots in that game...ie meat sims, turtle sims, etc.

I hope Eliminate implements game modes like king of the hill. That would be awesome!

14. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
  15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Yeah, I definitely was expecting it to be awesome... I just wasn't prepared for how awesome it actually was.

16. mjmoco

mjmoco Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    San Francisco
    It will launch as a 3.0-only game. A lot of the core features to the Eliminate experience (micro-transactions, push notifications) require it.

--MJ

17. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    #497 The Game Reaper, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    Hah! Credit renewals every 90 minutes! Now where's that beachmusic...

18. I just hope 8 players online can be possible. It would be awesome to have a four-vs-four Capture The Flag mode.

Can't w8 for release, I just hope I get some more money soon. Spent my last bit on Dungeon Hunter.

19. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    I can't wait for this 2 come out! I BEEN WATIN SOOOOOO LONG. The last thing I need to hear is my parents say it's a waste of money or it's 2 violent. (I'm 13)