How to go from individual to hiring?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by squidgyjelly, Apr 29, 2013.

1. squidgyjelly

squidgyjelly Active Member

Apr 1, 2013
    kitchen
    How do you go from individual trader to hiring people and setting up a game studio?

I mean how the heck do you pay people and also how many people do you really need to hire?

2. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Right click Print on this image then stick it back to back. Repeat until your company is up and running and you can now make as many angry bird clones as you wish.

[​IMG]

3. Black Ops

Black Ops Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Game Dev, SEM, Analytics
    Philadelphia, Pa
    No offense mate, but I think you might want to do a little research on this if you are serious about investing money in it.

When you say trader I assume you mean you do not have any connection to making mobile apps currently?

4. squidgyjelly

Apr 1, 2013
    kitchen
    Rejected

My app has been rejected as they say the cartoony images which I actually covered the body parts with cartoony leaves.
    tHERE ARE MANY apps and games that are worse than mine and nude girly images apps and my game for couples etc has been rejected.

ITs so depressing afte ra whole year saving up for the programmer

5. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I would really like to know what this app is all about, and how raunchy the screens shots were to be rejected.

6. squidgyjelly

Apr 1, 2013
    kitchen
    #6 squidgyjelly, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
    Ho

I cannot tell you until published but I can show you an example and they are not really worse than this

7. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Yeah no... of course that'd be rejected.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Just looking at the "new posts" I came across this thread, clicked on it because I'm interested in how indies typically start up. I'm not interested in scrolling down and seeing something like that, much less on a family friendly forum. There are quite a few children who browse frequently here.

9. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Now wonder that was rejected on the appstore. Also we don't tolerate that here so I had to take that image down.

10. squidgyjelly

Apr 1, 2013
    kitchen
    Sorry

Sorry bout that but there are a lot of worse apps accepted on the store
    ITs bias if you ask me as I did get a +12 and adult category listed for it

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #11 psj3809, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
    There might be a lot worse on the app store but people dont expect to come here and see ridiculous rubbish like that. Many people check the forums say at work during lunch so to have that on their work computer is bad

What is it with some people ? Wheres the common sense ?

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    There is no "adult" category in the AppStore. Any sort of nudity is a violation of the AppStore rules and will be an automatic no-go. I'm surprised you even bothered to submit, much less posted that up here. Though with all the crap getting through the Apple reviewers you might've hoped it would slip through...:rolleyes:

13. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    i missed the rubbish and now i'm curious

14. evansitar

evansitar New Member

May 6, 2013
    Look, it doesn't seem like the risky imaging is really needed for the game, why not just make the imaging more family friendly - it can't be that much work, and it will help you get a larger audiance for the game.