Is there a bad way to charge the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Aero WK, May 18, 2012.

1. Aero WK

Aero WK New Member

May 18, 2012
    I'm looking to by some iPhone chargers
    Cables off eBay. They're off brand, so I'm wondering if there is such a thing as charging your phone in a bad way. Like if it could lead to worse battery life over time or something. Probably a dumb question but still figured I'd ask.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've bought some cheaper chargers in the past, all been fine, but you get what you pay for, a cheaper one might break easier.

I cant believe my ipad will last longer if i charge it up with an Apple charger compared to a cheaper one. Think you're getting too paranoid

3. Aero WK

Aero WK New Member

May 18, 2012
    Ha. Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after me.

4. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I always thought cheap chargers were okay too u til my last iPhone stopped working.. I was using a cheap Asian knock off..I noticed my phone getting very hot when charging. Then a few weeks later it just won't turn on.
    Can't be sure that's it's from the charger but now I'm more careful..

And unrelated matters also fuel my fury for dodgey chargers, such as literally going through about 10 compaq presario knock off chargers..they broke so easily..the nozzle thing kept getting stuck inside the laptop..and then the laptop became unusable because now the charger hole is bent.

Just try not to lose the original charger that comes with your devices.. I have so many laying around in boxes..they're hard to find when you need them though.. It is convenient to just order a $5 dodge one off eBay,,,,