Games and blind players - discussion and recomendation thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lirin111, Feb 9, 2011.

1. lirin111

lirin111 New Member

Feb 8, 2011
    poland
    #1 lirin111, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    Hello

I want to discuss here iphone games and blind accessibility to these.

At the beginning of this post i want to write my english isn't my first language, so sorry for eventually mistakes etc.

I have iphone from maybe a month, and i am testing games wich can be playable for the blind using voiceover or only audio if it's great and enough to play.

I know and have some audio only games like papa sangre, wich is really amazing game, or soul trapper and lastly bop it from EA.

Reason why i am posting here this topic is maybe you can recommend me something more, something playable for me. All of you have voiceover cause it's builded in IOS in from 3GS so maybe you can test some games from your collections and give a suggestions here.

I found a brilliant game called infinity blade, it's really amazing if we are talking about sound design, stereo panning etc. I can play this game a bit, fighting perfectly, but problem is in reading text on the screen like items, stats etc, i've tried on facebook to devs of this game and don;t know if their are opened for blind players or not. Maybe here developers can read it and do something. And if someone can explain a little screen in the infinity blades. I am moving on the map like left / right / up / down pointing and clicking? or map looks like there's elements like items, monsters to click?

Thanks for every kind of informations and suggestions.

Okay, let's start and we'll see what will be going on with it.

Best

Tom

2. js1210

js1210 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Not many options for you here, but how about Flip It! ? Its like bopit, but with flipping instead of touching. Very fun. And should be even better for a bline person than bopit, right?

3. lirin111

lirin111 New Member

Feb 8, 2011
    poland
    Well, flip is for 4RD only, and i have 3GS so can forget about it.

4. jimwolf

jimwolf New Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Blindfold Ping Pong and Blind Earth Escape are two games for iPod/iPhone/iPad

Blindfold Ping Pong and Blind Earth Escape are two games for iPod/iPhone/iPad which are well suited to blind and visually impaired people. Both have extensive VoiceOver labeling and even a description of the navigation layout for each accessible only to VoiceOver users on the opening page of each application.

See the following links:
    http://itunes.com/apps/ridiculousappsinc
    http://ridiculousapps.com

Also, Please see the following for a review of Blind Earth Escape game and Free promo codes for Blind Earth Escape and Blindfold Ping Pong, both by Ridiculous Apps, Inc.

http://www.applevis.com/app-directory/games/blind-earth-escape#comment-1002