Shooting Showdown [Free, Univ] | Head-to-head virtual reality shootout

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #1 Naquatic, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    What's up TA!

We had so much success with our Affliction thread that we're giving it another go. Show us some enthusiasm and I'll hook you up with a promo code and challenge you to a match! If you can beat me, a shiny prize will be all yours.

Our new universal app -- Shooting Showdown -- is coming Thursday the 26th. It's an online, head-to-head, virtual reality shooting range. This is the latest installment in our Showdown franchise, which means it's packed full of sweat-enducing competitive action. Soccer Showdown, the last release, has over 1 million users, and is one of the most popular Soccer apps on the App Store.

Ask questions, make suggestions...the works. We added a ton of features to Affliction based on dialogue in the TA thread.

Shooting Showdown (Official Site)

AppAdvice likes it.

[​IMG]

2. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Screen shot looks nice! So it's affliction, just different theme??

3. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    #3 Naquatic, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    Thanks, Sawyer! Great to hear from you again! It's gyroscope controlled and includes some of the same weapons. Otherwise...nope :). Affliction was a survival game. Shooting Showdown, like Soccer Showdown, is a competitive multiplayer app. It's all about head-to-head online play. We've also made some major changes to our engine...it's been rebuilt from the ground up.

The graphical engine is completely new. Weapons show on screen, there's muzzle flash, bullet tracers, and lots more. And, most importantly, we tackled people's biggest complaint with Affliction" the fact that you have to rotate 360 degrees to play. Shooting Showdown takes place entirely in front of you, so you can enjoy the full virtual reality gyro controls without rotating your body.

4. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    AWESOME! Insta buy when it's out!!

5. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    More like Insta-free-download, as the game will be free. We'll do a couple pre-release promo code races too, and you're officially on the list.

6. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    Cool! Thanks!

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This looks really good. Love the multiplayer aspect

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Nice! Graphics look a lot better and so does the game. :) Hope I get a promo like for Affliction :p

9. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    No problem!

Thanks guys. I've added both of you to the promo list. At some point today I'll send you a PM, and the first person to respond with their Game Center name will get promo-ified.

10. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I used to love Soccer Showdown and it's still on my phone, though I haven't played in a while. Hopefully this game is just as good ;)

11. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Well, this is a surprise. Haha. Really glad to see you guys coming up with another ambitious project. Seems like things keep getting better and better.

Also, really glad to see that there will be unlockable content. Will there be a form of in-game currency or a leveling system to facilitate the unlocks?

This looks amazing so far. Excited to try it out.

12. deadlock32

deadlock32 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    OMG Naquatic! I loved Affliction! Now this... I will insta buy it in a blink of an eye bro! Thanks and best of lucks in development!

13. epikninja

epikninja Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Looks great! I loved affliction so I'll love this. Can I get a promo code? :)

14. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Sawyer, LOLavi, and fastbridge: check your PMs.

Awesome! Loyalty bonus: PM me your Game Center name and we'll give you a couple Soccer Showdown coins. Adding you to tomorrow's Shooting Showdown promo code race, too.

Added.

You are too kind! Added.

Translation? Added :).

Adding you to the list as well.

Sometime tomorrow I'll send out PMs to each of you. The first -- let's call it two -- to respond will get promo codes and a Game Center challenge from me.

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Thanks for code :)

16. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    No problem. Looking forward to our matchup!

17. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    May I have a code?

18. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    I'll put you on the list for today's race.

19. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    Epic game here guys! Multiplayer is THE BOMB!

I'm currently #1 on the boards! :D any chance tht you will add a board for points not just coins?

20. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Let the record show that Sawyer is a fierce competitor!

Purchased coins won't count towards your standings in the leaderboards, so points/coins are effectively one and the same.