Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Wait a minute, you challenge use to 130 points in a Bar on New Year's Eve, I was planning on having draft but I guess I could do cans :p

On another note, GameCenter is really getting on my nerves. The problem now is that people's names keep changing! Not sure where GC gets it's names from but the fact that they can and do change is a pain.

2. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Can see how that would be terribly annoying & frustrating with so many friends. I still haven't learned non-gamer names in my smaller list. (early p.s.: thanks for the Level 26 racer names, dean).

Personally I haven't noticed name changing but have noticed (& liked!) icons changing and/or being added. Is that the Eiffel Tower, java?

Happy New Year for all you PFers near & far. I wish you health, happiness & full 'dexes in the year ahead.

p.s.: Thanks for the many froggy gifts today --it feels more like X-Mas! Thanks to Martin for the Pluma, Snappy for the Fractus & Magus, dlstar for the Cochelearis, Quo for the Emblema, & laura for the Ligo.

3. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    Happy New Year

Okay, so I'm a few hours early. Just finished catching up on the weekly sets again and felt like celebrating.

Thanks for recent gifts:
    meplie (NODARE black viola)
    meplie (FRONDIS green tingo)
    SnappyMcfrog (FLECTO blue caelus)
    AndlNZ (FRACTUS green tingo)

Soon it will be time to start adding my new breeds to the 'all things blue' category.

Take care.
    Mal

4. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    For what I experienced, the name used is the one you use on your credit card for your Apple account. I know it because I used my husband's card for 2 weeks and my gc name changed to his which is pretty annoying.

5. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

thanks for the frogs
    emerald tessera - maholah
    olive fortuno - grace
    olive dimidius & beige fortuno - nirtew
    2 black fortunos - dom
    black pictoris - meplie
    tangelo flecto - quossum
    beige foramen - emperor
    white pingo - vivisoto
    cocos papilio - java
    2 royal favus, 2 blue favus & purple favus - shortbus

6. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    GameCenter seems more like a stalking device than a social app. For instance, I see the names of my friends on the lost instead of their nicknames. I can see that lisianne last played iBlast Moki on my birthday. I can tell that shortbus has a boatload of GC points. I can tell when people I don't even know earned their leaderboard spots. But at the same time, people can't be my friend without me accepting their request. I can't post anything in my status that I know for sure everyone will read. So all in all, Game Center is so personal that it takes away from the social fun that Plus+ encouraged. And that's a Minus- for GC.

7. wicketbird

wicketbird Active Member

May 11, 2010
    Sunnyvale, CA
    need a Lotus

I just got a Request for an Azure Pruni Lotus. Been searching the pond for hours but can't find one, and since the reward is 31 potions I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out (will take any color!). I have an extra Templum and Aceris; a total of 14 of the new bunch and can breed any of the old frogs given a little time.
    My name is Wicketbird. TIA!

8. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Lotus awaiting postage. Have sent friend request.

9. wicketbird

wicketbird Active Member

May 11, 2010
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Thanks much!

10. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    HAPPY NEW YEAR

Be Safe and
    See you next year :)

11. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    #26271 SnappyMcfrog, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    Magus frogs done, will work on Signum next. :D

Thanks to Andi, Javarich, Kane toad, Quossum,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

A Happy New Year to all! :)

12. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Happy belated B-day, BW27, but it is categorically UNTRUE that I ever played iBlast Moki! I d/led it once upon a time but it's not even still on my iPhone! Something is dreadfully wrong OR done with a purpose (advertising games?). I'd rather believe the former. Either way, any game that uses GC lists for a game even if I never played it (iBlast or Temple Run). Have since learned, since your post, that I can delete them - so thanks! I'm totally with you, BW27, it is an invasion of privacy. It's no one's business which games I play or have played or merely d/led!

And this "whatever" attitude towards privacy is why I don't use Instagram, only glance at FB now & again (but never update), & avoid most info sharing sites. If any site wants my B-Day or my income or my "whathaveyou" I take a pass.

Not sure where this "share everything with everyone" is going but I'd hate to be a 20-something in this world which treats privacy as if it's a silly, arcane, "that's-so-20th-century" idea. They've never known true privacy & the protection it provides.

p.s.: Lest I forget, big thanks to danj for the gorgeous Black Chroma Pictoris!

13. MsRaeJae

MsRaeJae Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Office Manager
    Raleigh,NC
    Just got back to the forum after being gone a few days but I didn't see any response to your request so I sent one.

Happy New Year All!!!

14. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    #26274 awboj, Jan 1, 2013
    Actually I like this feature. Sometimes I might think, 'wonder what new game I could download?' and because we all share a common interest in this game, it's a fair bet that y'all might be playing another game I'd enjoy also (how I got onto Happy Street which I'm quite enjoying :) ).

15. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    #26275 BlueWater27, Jan 1, 2013
    Even if you never play a game, GC takes it and stores it as your "last played" date. I never logged onto GC in Munch Time, but it still shows that I "last played" it on November 9, the day I got my account. NTL I think the fact that you can creep into people's game history is sort of ridiculous.

I admit that I only ever get good games through "word of mouth", I could do without being spammed challenges and notifications every day and worrying about who might be peering into my business.

By the way, since my last birthday was eleven months ago, it might be more fitting to wish me "happy early birthday" :D

16. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    Happy new year everyone!

17. MsRaeJae

MsRaeJae Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Office Manager
    Raleigh,NC
    Me too!!! Happy Street. :)

18. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    I decided that editing my above post wasn't enough for this log-in, so happy 2013 to all! Some say it's a bad omen, but I say the froggies will be hopping even higher this year in anticipation of more (and better) game updates and new content! :D

19. summerseachild

Nov 17, 2012
    First of all, Happy New Year, everyone!

I'm not even going to think about what it says about me that the first reason I turned on my computer in 2013 is to post a frog request... (Maybe it says I'm awesome. I'll go with that.)

Anyway, I'm in need of a signum and a glacio, glass albeo would be nice (can you tell what older challenge I'm working on?) but any would be appreciated.

What really kills me is that some kind member of this forum sent me a signum once, but my mailbox was full, so I had to sell it. I'm kicking myself now...

20. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    You know, you don't have to sell gifts if your mailbox is full. Just keep pressing "accept" (even when it says "can't accept gift; your mailbox is full".) It will get stored until you can accept it.