Universal Puzzle Strike (very fun deckbuilding game)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by doctorfedora, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorfedora

doctorfedora Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I take Japanese text and make it English text, for
    Kyoto
    #1 doctorfedora, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    So the Steam version of Puzzle Strike (a deckbuilding card game played with chips instead of cards, that simulates a falling-block puzzle game that simulates a fighting game that doesn't exist yet) just came out, and the developer has said the iOS (iPhone/iPad) version is coming out in a few weeks. I for one am VERY EXCITED. Here's the trailer video for it, which a buddy of mine actually did for them, too:

I've had the physical version for a few years now, and I really like it — I feel like it addresses everything I don't like about Dominion, while simultaneously bringing a bunch of new stuff to the table, and I really, really like the free-for-all rule set that prevents ganging up on one player from being an unbeatable strategy (basically, when one player is eliminated, the game ends, and the player with the smallest gem pile wins). Basically, it is a very good game overall?

Oh also if you want to try it in a browser on a computer, you can try the free version at fantasystrike.com/game (which has a tutorial). I'm on there all the time of late (online play is cross-platform between browser, Steam, and iOS).

2. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Looking forward to this since I saw the steam release earlier today.

Btw, I have been banned for more than a month from fantasystrike.com and I don't know what I did wrong. Is it possible for you to ask Thelo about it for me? My ID is Jr.wakaran there, and I actually get banned every now and then for "IP attacking" or something like that, but I really have no idea why that would happen :(

Oh, and, what would be the price for iOS version?

3. doctorfedora

doctorfedora Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Kyoto
    #3 doctorfedora, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    My guess, based on the prices of the iOS and Steam versions of Yomi, is that it'll be $10 when it comes out on iOS, but I don't have any access to the finer details. I'm just a fan/player. : )

I've sent a PM to Thelo on there about your situation, too, by the way!

4. doctorfedora

doctorfedora Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Kyoto
    (Thelo got back to me to say that the problem is that you appear to have a mainland China IP address, and you got caught in the crossfire as he banned spambots, but you should be able to connect now!)

5. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Thank you so much doctor! I was guessing it probably had something to do with my China mainland IP myself ;)
    Many thanks again!

6. pbb76

pbb76 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Any news on an Android release?

7. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Soooo ready for this ! Hopefully the iap for characters isn't bad.

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Well get ready because look what I found on Facebook:

Puzzle Strike for iOS is launching tomorrow at 12:00pm PDT! We launched the game late last year on Steam and we're happy to announce we're bringing it to mobile devices, too! As always, Puzzle Strike will feature cross-platform play between the PC and iOS versions, so you can find people play to battle on whatever platform you like!
    The base game will cost $3.99 and unlocks Grave, Jaina, Setsuki and Midori (as well as all of the Puzzle chips in the Base/Shadows sets!). After that, each individual character will cost $1.99, or you can grab one of the bundles available:
    - Remaining 6 Base characters (Rook/Geiger/DeGrey/Valerie/Argagarg/Lum) for $5.99
    - All 10 Shadows characters (Quince, BBB, Troq, Onimaru, Menelker, Persephone, Gwen, Gloria, Vendetta, Zane) for $9.99
    - All of the above for $11.99!
    Also, Tasos Lazarides from TouchArcade will be streaming the game on the official TouchArcade mobcrush channel (http://www.mobcrush.com/toucharcade) at 12:30pm PDT, 30 minutes after launch! He'll be giving out a couple keys to viewers so either check out the stream, or get in the queue and battle him!
    See you guys tomorrow!

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Best.
    Eagerly awaiting

10. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Its out in the US. I'm downloading it now! I have no idea how to play it but it looks delicious!

11. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Link ?

12. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Im not on a computer that can upload a link. I'm not sure how to do it from my ipad. I just did a search in iTunes on my iPad and it came up so I downloaded it.

13. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Oh well it's not popping up yet. Shouldn't be much longer then.

14. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    do a search for Sirlin Games. That's how I found it.

15. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Genius. Yeah I looked for yomi and then founded under the related section. Now I just need wifi. Wasn't expecting a bigger file size honestly.