★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Japanese Learning Apps?

05-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Japanese Learning Apps?

Looking for a good app to help me get started learning japanese! Thanks to anyone who has suggestions :3
05-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotaku8106X View Post
Looking for a good app to help me get started learning japanese! Thanks to anyone who has suggestions :3
I just saw a one that dropped to free today, I'll go find link.

Here you go. It's usually 99p I think.

Last edited by cloudpuff; 05-27-2014 at 05:35 PM.

05-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I just saw a one that dropped to free today, I'll go find link.

Here you go. It's usually 99p I think.

Ooh thank u! How did u find it or hear about the switch to free?
05-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotaku8106X View Post
Ooh thank u! How did u find it or hear about the switch to free?
I use an app called appsfire which shows deals and price drops, you can make a wish list and get alerts when stiff goes on sale. It's a free app but I think it's been removed from the App Store,there's others that do the same job though, a lot of people love app shopper, there's also applesliced.
05-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Thats wierd cos Im making a learn japanese app right now(my first app; im no pro developer).
Windows though, because I cant afford a mac!

Can you read katakana/hiragana?
05-28-2014, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Thats wierd cos Im making a learn japanese app right now(my first app; im no pro developer).
Windows though, because I cant afford a mac!

Can you read katakana/hiragana?
Not yet no. I'm using the human japanese lite app to get started on that sise of it
05-29-2014, 10:18 AM
I have played with the MindSnacks Spanish and Chinese apps, and really enjoyed them. It's free to try out, then $5 for the whole thing. Especially good for beginners.

GC: Jerutix -- Love and Peace to all!
12-02-2014, 09:06 AM
I use Japanese Master Bundle (icludes Kanji Sensei, Kana Converter, Japanese Dictionary). It's good if you study with a book and it's an optional help in learning. The best app for learning Japanese is Human Japanese, it contains two levels and also offers a bundle. By the way, if you get further in learning you can download Midori, this is a good dictionary with many features, however it's not suitable for beginners because it doesn't have romaji reading.
12-04-2014, 11:33 AM
I should give MindSnacks a try. I keep procrastinating learning Japanese. I'm going to get old and still only know how to say "hello", while forgetting everything else I learnt over the years