Universal The Simpsons™: Tapped Out (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Feb 21, 2012.

1. MacinJosh

MacinJosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #81 MacinJosh, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    Premium items are the items on the lists that you buy with donuts. When you buy a Homer Buddha you'll be guaranteed to get a premium item. From a Picket Fence worth 1 donut to possibly one of the big buildings. I've gotten Tree Swings, Apple Trees, Lemon Tree and Dumpsters...

2. MacinJosh

Dec 13, 2008
    This game has serious bugs and stability issues. Not to mention server outages and lately agonizingly slow status uploads. Seems that the larger your town is, the slower it gets and at almost level 14, I have a pretty big town. The bugs that you've mentioned have happened to quite a few and EA is apparently working on sorting them out.

3. Bouncy1973

Bouncy1973 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I also purchased 60 donuts, they took the money, but I never got the donuts!

4. MacinJosh

Dec 13, 2008
    That sucks. Did you try logging out and back in to Origin? I always got mine but sometimes it took almost a minute to appear...

5. Bouncy1973

Bouncy1973 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Yeah, I tried that with no luck, thanks.

I can't play no longer, as nothing I do earns me xp or money any more... this game completely sucks!

6. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Please add me:
    PvtPeppers

7. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    What is a positive thing for me if I visit other people towns and collect their rewards? And what do they mean with vandalize your friends buildings?

8. Gerbs

Gerbs Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll try this next time.

9. Grozzy12

Grozzy12 New Member

Feb 28, 2012
    On some friends I keep getting a "new version available so you can't visit them". But when I click get it, it just brings to the EA site. And there's no update in the app store. Anyone else have this problem?

10. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Every time I want to Play this game I have to log into origin, so annoying!! Is there a way to stay logged in origin because you start a new town of lvl1 if you arent logged in. Please help, thank you!

11. ariomg

ariomg Member

May 16, 2009
    played it on iphone 4 , and it crash on ipad 1

12. dexx0008

dexx0008 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    #92 dexx0008, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    ahhh perfect spot to ask my question.

I just installed the game this morning, i didn't play it until tonight. The first thing the game did was say it was downloading updates (11 of them) 49.8M worth of data. Can EA even do that? Isn't that against developer rules? How do I know what modifications to the app they are making that apple is not seeing/approving/checking up on? What if they are accessing unapproved API's etc to get at my personal data??? I thought updates like this had to go through the app approval process.

am i wrong? It just seems wrong.

13. MacinJosh

Dec 13, 2008
    I have several games that update themselves is such a way. Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Shadow Era to name a few. I guess it's no problem.

14. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    I'm getting server unavailable all the time now.

15. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    In addition to what was already pointed out: yes they can, a lot of games do this to get around the stupid file size limits some phone services enforce. You download the sub 20MB main game and then smaller files are downloaded by the game itself.

As for the rest of "issue", there's no change to the executable, merely data files, and while some devs have gotten nailed for allowing people to download content in violation of the app store TOS, Apple's been allowing this for as long as I can remember.

16. dexx0008

dexx0008 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Thanks for the info.

This game is always waiting for the server or taking it's sweet time to load. So far i've spent morr time waiting and being annoye than actually being able to play and get a feel for the game. Feels rushed and not thorougly tested.

17. furrot

furrot New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    If I had to guess, those were people who grabbed the game on jailbroken phones using a 'pirated' copy. When you look at them in your news feed it usually says they are playing "Springfieldville" instead of "Simpson: Tapped Out" like everyone else. Something about the process of posting the app to the jailbreak community must have broken something in the compatibility test. I removed most of those players from my list since they were usually grabbed off this site or elsewhere instead of people posting in the app store as part of the early Canadian/Intl. release.

18. ProperChopper

ProperChopper Well-Known Member

So, I managed to find a lemon tree in someone's town, and now I have a mission called Sweet Sweet Lemonade that is asking me to place the Lemon Tree. How do I do that? Where is the tree?!

19. senorian

senorian Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    you would be incorrect. I have a j/b phone and DID NOT grab a cracked version. I get the network connection problem almost every time i load up the game.

It's a fun game but it really needs an update to fix some serious issues.