Cave anniversary sale April 06 - April 14 2013

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by kia001, Apr 1, 2013.

1. kia001

kia001 Active Member

Mar 9, 2013
  2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice... Thanks! April 6th it is.

3. Bought Deathsmiles on the last sale cause of hdmi tv. Never would bought it cause it is iphone only, but finally bought it cause 2x games look great on hdmi tv. Love the game. All cave games are great fun!

I wonder if Bug Princess 2 Black Label is gonna be on sale this time, anyone know? I have BP2, but BL is the only Cave game I don't have.

Edit: i see black label will be on sale. Coolness.

Attached Files:

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    BP2 is kinda boring, but I am looking forward to BP2BL.

BTW, you have all the HD versions also?

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I don't own a single ios cave game. Anyone have an idea what the lowest prices might be based on past sales? I could throw a buck at something but any more and I'll have to pickup an iTunes card... though I need to do that soon anyway.

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    You'll be throwing more than a buck at just about any cave game; sale or no sale. MAYBE 2 bucks for a game like Bug Panic.

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'll grab an iTunes card then. I just want a cheap deal to see if these are games I'd want. Thanks.

8. #9 Connector, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    Bug panic, a dual stick shooter usually goes down to a buck during their sales. It is quite good, but Cave is known for it's shmups.

The shmups usually go from $5 and up on sale for the good titles. Bug princess 2, Dodonpachi Ressurection, Dodonpachi Maximum, and Deathsmiles are all good for iphones. Hdmi, Deathsmiles is best cause of landscape mode.

Cave games are awesome if you like shmups. Try the lite versions of each, if you like, buy the one you like. Cave is good about having lite versions. I know you like hdmi tv, so try the Deathsmiles lite on hdmi and see how you like it.

Also, there is often an sd and hd versions of many games. The hd versions often work on the iphone too. So be careful about which version to buy if you have an iphone.

9. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks Connector. I hadn't researched all their apps yet, glad they have lite versions I'll check some out.

10. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Great!

I have all the CAVE games except BP2BL, now is my chance. :D

11. Yeah, BP2BL is the only Cave game that I don't own though I do have Bug Princess 2, but hear that BL is far better.

Didn't own the iphone only games Deathsmiles and Dodonpachi Blissful Death cause I hate iphone 2x on my ipad, but they play fine on hdmi tv so bought them on the last sale. Deathsmiles is awesome on a big screen, just like an arcade game.

Gotta ask, just if a Cave developer reads this, is there anyway for Cave to support a joystick like the icade core joystick like other games like Phoenix hd, Danmaku 2, and Blazing star have? Would love a Cave game like Dodonpachi played with a wireless joystick. It would rock with Cave games to get an arcade like experience with hdmi tv. Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Tsk. One, and you're out. :rolleyes:

13. I responded to your other post.

Impossible. 2nd post.

14. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Quick question...are the smartphone versions essentially easier versions? Or do they contain extra content? Some games, i.e. Espagaluda 2 have 3 versions (not including sd vs. hd). I know the differences with the Black Label versions, but what about, as an example Espagaluda 2 Hd vs. Hd Arcade vs. Hd Smartphone?

15. kia001

kia001 Active Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Well, since none of the expert players have answered, I guess I will.
    Smartphone versions are not easier, they're an entirely new game modes with different scoring systems and altered gameplay. Sometimes they even feature completely new content. For example Deathsmiles has an entire new storyline with a new character and slight RPG mechanic where you can find and equip different items.

16. sealwong

sealwong Active Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Tried all the lite versions for the Ipad. I think I only like Espgaluda II HD and Resurrection HD. The rest is .... Just.......ugly ... Sorry....

If I have to choose 1, which one to get. Resurrection is close to 1gb installed size right? Is it worth it? How big is Espgaluda II HD?

17. Com2us|TaoFTW

Com2us|TaoFTW Active Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Game Community Manager
    Menlo Park
    #18 Com2us|TaoFTW, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    omg...

My wallet...it hurts...

D:

Edit: @Connector

I've been meaning to get an iCade for a while, but I don't trust the stock parts. Looks like the buttons and sticks are a HAPP/Hori knockoff. What's your experience with the stick?

18. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    DDPR HD is 919mb and Espgaluda 2 HD is only 258mb. Of the 2 I much prefer DDPR however I own all of their games so I would have to say get both :D

19. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    919 MB DDPR HD
    496 MB Deathsmiles
    314 MB DDP MAX
    258 MB Espgaluda II HD
    233 MB BUG PANIC
    200 MB BugPrincess2
    160 MB BugPrincess

From General > Usage in my iPhone 5.