★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Star Hogs Online. #1 Online Multiplayer App

07-17-2009, 10:47 AM
#1 Online Multiplayer App

Subsection of R.A.S.H (Remote-Controlled Autonomous Star Hogs)
classified top secret under the C.A.S.H (Controlled Autonomous Star Hogs) project of July 2009
Begin Transmission:
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Welcome to A.S.H. [Automated Space Hogs]

Mining in space through remote controlled mechanical flying objects classified as "Star Hogs"...

The final frontier, an uncharted world full of reward and perilous danger...

Gathering rare ore and ensuring space supremacy on far away asteroid belts circling alien worlds...

There are no laws in space, no dominion...

There are no rules to follow except those of survival and profit...

No morals...

No place for reason...

Only the endless Ocean of Stars, the darkness and quiet of perpetual night, and the cold hard desire of the Hog controller...

Other remotely controlled A.S.H units will attempt to violently spiral you into the unforgiving alien planets below in order to gain control of the asteroid's mining potential...

Enroll now, and Control an A.S.H *Automated Star Hog* from the comfort of your home...
(think Starship Troopers!)

Your payment for eliminating competition and securing asteroids for mining is guaranteed!
(By your choice of competing Global Conglomerate Mining Corporation)

Update your Hog, load it up with weapons and head out for an adventure in space!

Fight for satisfying your needs for chaos, supremacy, money, power or fame, Star Hogs are waiting for your command!

Enabling mere humans to experience greatness since July 2009, the A.S.H units are evolving to meet the needs of a competitive and growing mining industry.

-----------------------------

Hello,

This is Danijel from Boston (Chaosprodigy)
signing in to inform fellow gamers of Star Hogs and congratulate IUGO on a truly great iphone app and concept.

The game has no equal, and comparisons to other sub-par apps like iShoot or Worms do NOT do Star Hogs justice!

Nevertheless, as these comparisons are being made regardless, i make the case that Star Hogs is ideally placed as the only Online Multiplayer choice with 4 player versus (2 ships each) with support for ipod music while playing and dedicated incoming patches by IUGO. Get the Star Hogs LITE and see for yourself the rest is crap by comparison.

With incredible expansion potential with iPhone software 3.0 and developer commitment to content updates this is the best App ive ever bought. I usually get bored in days or after i beat a game, but here the online and custom ship building will keep you coming back for more!

With throphies and online ranking the replay value is ridiculous, and soon there will e in game chat! Dont expect any of that from a quick and dirty PC port of Worms: Star Hogs is built from the ground up for the iPhone and it shows in the ease of controlls.

Online I'm Chaosprodigy: With the advent of in game chat coming soon, do say hello if you see me online!

Check out my Star Hogs guide and suggestions
on the IUGO forums: http://cloud.iugome.com/forum

Get the Light version and see for yourself:

Chaosprodigy

Join the [Chaos] Clan
(soon to be started fan group and social that loves Star Hogs!) [Currently only myself and my girlfriend]

Last edited by ChaosProdigy; 07-19-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Grammer
07-17-2009, 10:56 AM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm ok?

Games I'm Playing: Doom Classic, Red Conquest!, Battle for Wesnoth, Land Air Sea Warfare (my favorite rts, buy it today!)

07-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Who are youu>????!?!?@

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
Who are youu>????!?!?@
I think he's a REALLY big fan.

Awesome.
07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
What? I am sooooo confused!

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen
07-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Star Hogs Online. #1 Online Multiplayer App
Lol ok? But what other actual good games with online multiplayer do you know?

I think iMech is gonna kick this games ass when it comes to online multiplayer no offense

Check out Smoof7 Productions!
07-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I prefer DinoSmash and Bomber online over Hogs, honestly.

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
Upcoming Games I plan to get: Splinter Cell, GoF2
07-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUGOME View Post
I think he's a REALLY big fan.

Awesome.
A REALLY big fan or a secret developer?

Life Is Too Short To Be Wordy
07-17-2009, 11:51 AM
If you want to know who I am add me on facebook.com/danijel

I wouldn't know where to start in making apps, though I'd love to be able to !

Star Hogs just became my top iPhone game of all time even though i've spent over 200$ on iphone games, so i'm quite addicted to it now and still on that new baby app high

on a side note

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny554 View Post
Lol ok? But what other actual good games with online multiplayer do you know?

I think iMech is gonna kick this games ass when it comes to online multiplayer no offense
iMech is not even the same style of game as Star Hogs or Worms or iShoot, so its not a fair comparison... Besides after watching the video of iMech, i still think Star Hogs might be better, but I won't know until I try it.

Last edited by ChaosProdigy; 07-17-2009 at 11:53 AM.
07-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Dinosmash has the best online people.
Geez

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon