STOP with the game character cross-overs!!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dark NRG, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    #1 Dark NRG, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
    Ok, is it just me? I really don't want to see Lizzy the Lizard from Sway in my fav miniGore. I don't need Pocket God Ooga to Doodle Jump. And Enviro Bear?!?! Where the hell is he gonna end up next? Is this the new trend? Is this gettin a bit out of hand, or genius cross marketing? My poor Creeps have already been violated. I just don't know what to do.

Or maybe I do...

I can just sit and enjoy watching Giant Flamin Furries devour Enviro Bear over and over and over and over, without intervening at all.

Now THAT is being a Pocket God....

2. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I think any crossovers besides Pocket God are fine. What's wrong with Enviro-Bear? He cures cancer.

3. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Crossovers are fun! What are you talking about.
    Enviro Bear in mingore is so random it's damn awesome.
    I want more crossovers!

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Aren't all these crossovers either optional or hidden easter eggs? If you don't like them, ignore them. Until Apple changes the way the iTunes store works so more than 100 people can make money at a time developers need to do whatever they can to get exposure. This includes crossovers in attempt to trade fans.

5. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    I actually like crossovers. Nothing wrong with them since you can always choose to ignore.

6. Pl0cks

Pl0cks Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    California
    I like pocketgod crossovers :)

7. ivforlife

ivforlife Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I am surprised that there hasn't been more cooperative marketing between developers. Whether that be characters from different games making appearances, little check out these titles links when you start games, or something else.

8. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    awww you sir are a hater!
    i love the cross-overs.especially lizzy because i love sway
    im a lover, not a fighter...

9. muppetgamer

muppetgamer Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Cross-overs are great

On doodle jump, I only use the pygmy as my character!

10. Maelick

Maelick Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Read Above
    Myrtle Beach, SC USA
    thread FAIL

11. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Yeah.

12. coolestk!d

coolestk!d Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    School...
    Around
    Yeah of it's just you,don't talk badly about Enviro Bear, it's unhealthy. Also, your thread backfired.

13. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    +1 to EVERYONE! Except Maelick. Darrrrrrrn yoooooouu for failin me bro!

That was intended to be funny. Seriously tho, I do like Pocket God in The Creeps. I'm not sure how Lizzy is gonna be incorporated in miniGore, tho Enviro Bear will be funny, or at least funnier than in the original app.

And there's more: as Tunawrap pointed out, he even cures cancer!

Let me ask: are there any games that a crossover, for you fans, would not work. Again, I don't want to see it in Spider, though I'm SURE you guys would love it. Where would it NOT be appropriate, given Hodapp's observation that in the fledgling app store market place, it may for some be a necessary, dare I say, evil?

Thanks for your thoughts! I finally had a thread that wasn't redundant, whew!:rolleyes:

14. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    They've invaded the Creeps? You could always stop the invasion by turnign them off at the options :p

15. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    This thread got my over fertile imagination going. RR and Enviro Bear. Zen Bound and Doom Res (wrapping up aliens). Baseball Slugger and Qbert...but then again Qbert has no arms...this could (and clearly has no thanks to me) get silly...:)

16. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    #16 TheBeastlyNinja, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
    They only other crossover I would like is to see Chuck Norris in minigore. Then again the furries would be at a severe disadvantage...

17. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    wrapping up aliens is a gr8 idea.... are Devs reading ?

18. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oh good, glad I'm not the only one. How about wrapping bandages around a zombie, mummifying it?! perhaps throughout the game the zombie is trying to break free of the bandages, and you have to work fast to wrap him completely, as if the bandages undo too much then the zombie will break loose. You could call it 'Zom Bound'!

I know this goes against the whole Zen Bound ethos of calm non-timed wrapping up time, but those who didn't really 'get' Zen Bound (including me) might have fun with that...

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Enviro-Bear and Lizzy I can live with, Doodle Jump and Pocket God are just getting annoying now. This leads me to the conclusion: cross overs are good once or twice per character, then stop freakin' milking it. We all know the PG crossovers are only designed to lure the impressionable kiddies in.

20. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    now that you say it we need new crossovers that are not just pocket god and doodle jump......maybe the monkey from supermokey ball...or the bloons monkey.........and maybe even a ragdoll from ragdoll blaster..

the opportunities are endless and the developers need to look towards other games. i dont really mind all the pygmies and doodles because they are both popular games but to make a successful crossover a developer cant always use the most popular games. The developers should try using some of the cooler characters instead of the popular characters