★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nintendo Switch

03-21-2017, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexythimia23 View Post
Oh man wounded the binding of isaac is not on Europe eshop now I gotta make another account
The physical release is really cool is Europe getting that at some point?
03-21-2017, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
The physical release is really cool is Europe getting that at some point?
I hope so but i have not heard nothing? We can still get it as switch is not region locked but its still a hassle

03-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexythimia23 View Post
I hope so but i have not heard nothing? We can still get it as switch is not region locked but its still a hassle
I am telling you I had an awesome run last night man I still remember it haha I was running around all feeling bad*#* then got killed.
03-22-2017, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone. This is my first post about the Switch and I wanted to ask if anyone here has the same issue I'm having with my device. So, since I've had my Switch, I always leave it in sleep mode. When I wake it and return to playing Zelda with motion controls on, I notice every time that I use Stasis and/or Magnesis, the motion controls send the crosshairs slowly towards the sky. In other words, both powers are not steady and begin to move upwards. Oddly enough, using the bow and arrow doesn't cause any problems at all. Moreover, I've only found one way to fix the problem with Stasis and Magnesis. After I resume from sleep, if I remain on the home screen and wait for about 10 seconds, then return to the game, it calibrates correctly and I can use Stasis or Magnesis without any issues. I've scoured the web and forums to see if there are others with this problem, but I've found nothing. I suppose I could turn motion controls off, but I really enjoy them. So, for now, I constantly go through the above stated process to get it working properly and I'm ok with it, for the most part. I just wanted to see if any of you can replicate this on your devices and if so, do you have any other ways, perhaps more permanent, to remedy the situation? Thanks so much in advance. I appreciate you taking the time to read this.
Yesterday, 05:07 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red..._keeps_moving/

It seems that you're not alone. I also keep my Switch in sleep mode when I'm not using it and I haven't encountered this problem. I guess you could try turning it off and see if it helps. Otherwise, I would call Nintendo and see what they have to say about it.
Yesterday, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidovich View Post
Hello everyone. This is my first post about the Switch and I wanted to ask if anyone here has the same issue I'm having with my device. So, since I've had my Switch, I always leave it in sleep mode. When I wake it and return to playing Zelda with motion controls on, I notice every time that I use Stasis and/or Magnesis, the motion controls send the crosshairs slowly towards the sky. In other words, both powers are not steady and begin to move upwards. Oddly enough, using the bow and arrow doesn't cause any problems at all. Moreover, I've only found one way to fix the problem with Stasis and Magnesis. After I resume from sleep, if I remain on the home screen and wait for about 10 seconds, then return to the game, it calibrates correctly and I can use Stasis or Magnesis without any issues. I've scoured the web and forums to see if there are others with this problem, but I've found nothing. I suppose I could turn motion controls off, but I really enjoy them. So, for now, I constantly go through the above stated process to get it working properly and I'm ok with it, for the most part. I just wanted to see if any of you can replicate this on your devices and if so, do you have any other ways, perhaps more permanent, to remedy the situation? Thanks so much in advance. I appreciate you taking the time to read this.
Yep, I've noticed this too. Hadn't even thought about flicking to the home screen to recalibrate it. Must say, it hasn't bothered me too much - I mainly use the joystick to aim anyway. Thanks for the tip, though.

In other news, I'll just add that Shovel Knight is really growing on me. It's a terrific 2D platformer, for those who like the genre.

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag
Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not going to stress about it now that I know I'm not the only one. I read that the disconnect joycon issues are hardware related, but maybe this problem could be fixed with a patch or a firmware update. Gonna let Nintendo know about it. Happy Thursday!

Last edited by davidovich; Yesterday at 01:57 PM.
Yesterday, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidovich View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not going to stress about it now that I know I'm not the only one. I read that the disconnect joycon issues are hardware related, but maybe this problem could be fixed with a patch or a firmware update. Gonna let Nintendo know about it. Happy Thursday!
Hey dude, thats a tough break! Personally i have had zero problems myself.
I have purchased a joycon charger so mine are always fully charged so i don't know if that helps? If not google joy con fix and there is a load of ways Nintendo have given to resolve joycon issues.