Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-12-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philadendron View Post
Anyone have issues with the Pirate stage boss? I think it's like level 5. He just zooms around the screen and when I make contact with him, it doesn't appear to do damage to either me or him.
Tried the boss again and this time it was fine. Must've been a one-off glitch.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

This has to be one of the worst iOS games I've played, and I love Slayin'. It has none of the retro character; it comes off as a cheap Asian knockoff whereas Slayin' has that old school Game Boy aesthetic and feel.

No Game Center, no Achievements... honestly what do you guys see in this?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:02 AM

Another title I'm checking out months later....wow, this game is addictive. I played the knight until I had enough keys to unlock the wizard (caster). She's really tough starting out but once u can buy a few orbs to increase her shield time, and then work on better wands, she becomes awesome. I beat the game with her, which opened up the endless boss mode (slayer) and it gets ridiculous. I never actually hit a point where I couldn't proceed, but there was so much going on that my phone could hardly keep up....and I'm running a 5s with the most recent update.

Great game though, and I wish there was just more characters and levels to play with/through. I hope for future content, because the fact that u keep your progression exponentially makes this game more rewarding than slayin. Between the two, I actually prefer this one.

To answer a few concerns, slowdown only seems to occur when there's ALOT going on onscreen, and I mean a ton of enemies and potions and coins falling all at once. Otherwise, no crashing. No level cap, as my caster is lvl 1700+ (Lol).

I can't recommend this more, especially for a $1. I just really really really wish there were leaderboards. This score will never hold a rightful place anywhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (290.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by chief78; 03-10-2014 at 12:05 AM..
Old 03-10-2014, 12:10 AM

One last note: there is a "glitch" with the last weapon/first weapon in the upgrade menu. You go from the last weapon and then the very first one pops up. I had over 20k gold on a slayer run so I went thru quickly from beginning to end just to see if there was maybe a leveling progression to the weapons, but alas no....it just cycles through again and costs as much as the first time. So once you get the last weapon for any character, just don't spend the 100g to downgrade to the base weapon again. Otherwise, everything else eventually goes a level cap and disappears from the upgrade menu. I noticed a few posts with people who got burned on that, and that is indeed an oversight.