Universal Midnight Star (By Industrial Toys)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Jul 2, 2014.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Can I send someone at Industrial Toys my crash log? You guys might be able to better understand what it's saying than I can.

2. amywong

amywong Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I've got an iPad Air still on iOS 7. I've been reading the amount of bug reports. Should I avoid Universal Midnight Star?

It looks interesting.

3. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'd say give it a try. It's free and it can't hurt to see if it'll work on your device. My non-JB iOS 7 iPad 2 has been running it just fine!

4. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    If you can get into the Joplin interface, hit your Profile and then the gear (prefs) and you can submit a bug using the button. Can you get that far?

5. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    One of the bugs we squashed over the weekend was an iOS7 one with the servers. You should be solid now-- give it a whirl. We're adding/fixing/updating everything quickly, so I'm interested in everyone's feedback!

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    It shows a black screen for a second or two and crashes back to the home screen, so I can't make it there. BUT, got a reply on the forum from steakbacon (makes me hungry) to send it to an email address there. Hope the logs made it! And hopefully it'll help.

7. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    yep just got it thanks!

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hopefully you can get it running soon Curtis :)

9. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Jb ios8 iphone6 and am loving this game now! :) thank you for taking the protection off.

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, meetings are easier to play in when I'm using the phone instead of a big tablet. ;) haha

11. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    #231 MasterEx, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Its really hard to get techpoints though cuz u cant really replay to get more techpoints unless its for achievements or leveling up

12. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Getting TP from achievements is pretty robust, but it encourages you to play all different sort of ways with different loadouts-- there's a ton of achievements and they each level up and provide more TP rewards. Also, if you play Hardcore and Psychotic modes, not only do they ramp the intensity-- they also have their own ways of gaining Tech Points.

(PS Also, playing multiplayer Challenges, you get more XP and rewards and they have their own Achievements too).

13. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    So glad to hear you say that, Geno-- I think you and I have been talking about this game for 2 years or something, right?

14. Silver Light Storm

Mar 3, 2014
    Finally building my amory level 3 after grinding to get to Level 15. I also have enough TP to get The Watcher once my amory is finished. I've been wanting this sniper since I first saw it in action in the soft launch videos for the game. Really looking forward to getting it!

15. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    I agree! Wish there was a better way to get Tech Points.

16. JubJubBird

JubJubBird Active Member

Jun 30, 2009
    I'll chime in on this too... Maybe a daily challenge that allows for tech points? At a certain point getting more of the blue currency is kind of worthless...

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I missed the dev challenge again arghhh

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The official challenges are a an abundant source of Catalysts, and the achievements they often lead to swell the tech points coffers quite nicely as well :)

On that topic: I actually claimed the first spot of the second round of the Liftoff event. Entered the third round with high hopes of emerging victorious in a competitive video game for the first time ever. And found my weapon level was too low to inflict enough damage to bring down even ONE regular enemy (the squat, thick grumpy cat-xenomorph hybrids), let alone survive for more than a few seconds :D But fun was had!

19. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Big 1.1 Update Coming!

Wanted to check in with you guys to let you know that our big update is on the way. TA put up a quick preview on some multiplayer improvements last week, but there's a ton in this (new guns, video replays, new RPG mechanics, etc). I'll point out the highlights as we get closer to launching it (next Thursday the 21st), but we're pretty excited about it. Hope you enjoy.

20. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Yay love to see more of it