Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I like the game, it's a bit too repetitive at the moment.

2. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Thank you gsxrboy for your sage like knowledge and mystic powers, for today is v1.5.2 with new floors ! Your majiks brought us the joy!

3. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

OK, so there's an update today with eight new floors.
    Bought 'em, waiting for 'em to be finished, soon will be bored again.

The only "challenge" will be filling the new businesses with Dreamjobbers, but honestly this is more a boring drag than playing a game.
    Get Resident for a Buck, check if Dreamjobber, evict him, repeat ...

I love this game and I am still playing it on a daily basis even though I hit the 153 floors quite a while ago (NO cheating!). But it's not a lot of fun to play anymore if only once in a blue moon there are a few new floors.
    I am sitting on way over 3000 Bux and ~100 Mill. Coins and there is really not much to spend it on ...

I also would not mind to be able to buy a Dreamjobber for 10 Bux or so, it's really no fun the way it is now ...

4. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    Spend all your Bux levelling up your stores, or just speed up construction of the new floors. No point waiting if you've got that many.

Is there definitely only eight new floors? I didn't want to build a ninth to check

5. trinitycool

trinitycool Active Member

Jan 6, 2010
    California
    So while I wish there would be more frequent updates, I log into the game every day (prior to this update), see if any residents have a birthday and leave. After I got 32 mill coin (which is the cost of the next 8-floor update), I didn't really bother to stock floors at all.

I had a lot of bux a few weeks ago, but I used it to upgrade floors, so now I have a piddly amount. I like the missions a lot, so I let them build up and then complete a few once a month.

As to the question about floors, one way I used to figure out how many floors were available is that I built the residential floors first. Since I maxed them out after 3, I knew that there were only 5 shop floors available.

In 3 days I guess I can start getting to work!

6. stooney

Yeah, it's not like I want to get rid of my Bux by all means. I'd like to spend them in a useful or fun way. I already upgraded a couple of businesses and like the current "weigh" of them to eachother.
    Also I don't mind waiting three days for the floors to finish instead of wasting 640 Bux and get 'em right away. Does not make any difference at this point.

I know Nimblebit have a lot on their plate right now with the new game, the baby and everything. But if they could give us long-time players something like 32 or 40 new floors it would take some time to get those even with my kind of money-reserve.

OR if there were missions more frequently (they can't be THAT hard to think up an integrate?) it would help as well.

Since Eeen used to read the posts here I hope to give him some ideas ;-))

7. toythatkills

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    I don't know why I didn't think to do that.

Yes I do, it's because I'm an idiot.

Cheers!

Bux are for speeding stuff up. It's basically what they're for. There's never, ever going to be anything to spend 3,000 Bux on, so you might as well just get rid of it.

8. stooney

I might be an optimist, but I am still hoping for the self-navigating Robolift 24/7 for exactly 3000 Bux ;-)

9. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Can someone make a list of the new floors/apartments? Thank you!

10. Solunar

Solunar Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Just got Amanda Torres at a 9 for TV Studio.

Yay! Been wondering when an update would come. I have like... 90 million coin and 3k bux to spend.

11. toythatkills

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    And what would be the point? All you'd end up with is more coins and Bux that you can't spend!

There's literally no reason to save them.

12. Ohden

Ohden Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Hooray for new floors! Been waitin' on this. :D

13. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    The new floors are:
    Seafood, billiard hall, mechanic, jewelry store, and tv studio.

Apartments:
    Arctic, Bachelor, space.

:D

14. swampthing

swampthing Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    #2934 swampthing, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    In the future, they'd do case studies of how this game went from being THE game of the moment, with articles in NYT and everywhere else, to a has-been. I still have it on my system but almost everyone else has deleted it or stopped playing, as nobody at Nimblebit tried to figure out a way to make the game more playable once you had more floors or employees.

Now, I only go in everyday to collect rent and get the $ from bitizens having birthdays.

15. mrholder

mrholder Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    This bug may have already been reported, but each time I try to view my friends' towers, the app shuts down. I've tried restarting my ipad and stopping all running apps, etc, but it still crashes only when trying to view friends towers.

16. SweTSE

SweTSE Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Could anyone be so kind and give me a quick explanation on how to build different shops?
    When I wanted to construct a second food shop it turned out to be another sushi bar (which I already had).

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You shouldn't get duplicates, all shops you build should be different. Try deleting the duplicate floor and building another shop there, see if that fixes it.

18. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Funny, I used to be obsessed with Tiny Tower myself. I stopped playing it though because I always felt obligated to keep loading the app many times a day to restock. It became more of an obligation than entertainment after awhile.

19. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    There used to be a sense of satisfaction and achievement in getting coins and adding floors. After a few weeks, I couldn't ignore that there would always be millions of players with taller towers. Also noone, other than I, would ever know or care about what I achieved on this game. That's when I stopped.

20. Doffie

Doffie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Retired, now concentrating on good works and good
    Storrs, CT
    Starting a New Game

Sorry if this has been answered before and I missed it. Is it possible to delete your whole tower and start again from scratch