New RPG : King Cashing Slots Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by multimage, Sep 2, 2011.

1. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

#1 multimage, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
    It's out in NZ! The thread has been created in the iPhone games forum:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1942997

Promo video:

If accepted, the game should be released next week! The game is approved! Release date set to October 6th 2011! We can't wait to hear your comments!

2. idragoncool

idragoncool Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
  3. AOR

AOR Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Independent game developer
    San Francisco
    Mixing one of my favorite game genres with one of the things I have the worst willpower at resisting (gambling) ? Sold! :D

4. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

This mashup is hilariously brilliant! However I am kind of put off by the second mashup of pixel art and the more traditional style seen around the UI, it really breaks the experience for me.

5. multimage

Yes! Quite a relevant remark Geta-Ve as we made sure that pixel art would be only located in the reels of the slot machine, as it is the main section in the game.

We will post a video in the coming weeks. Only screenshots for now because we are missing a few illustrations to finish the game (arrghh...!). You will see what the feel is like.

It's a cliché but we are indeed really excited about this game. Darn, our girlfriends are our first beta testers, they are playing this game for hours, never seen that...!

6. Vachu

Vachu New Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I wanted to post here earlier but I was stuck playing Jetpack Joyride. A true inspiration for polished games! But then my girlfriend wanted the iPad to play King Cashing... I can't say no to that haha!

So yeah, I'm the programmer for King Cashing and I wanted to lay some more details than what has been posted by "marketing" so far. ;) Also, thanks to those who commented! I'm glad that you like the idea!

So, this game is all about playing slots machine first, and having some RPG elements second:
    - One of the main features is reel customization. What you equip as weapons and bonuses is what you see in the reels.
    - The point of the game is to get combos in the reels that will damage the current enemy. Combos must include a party member and/or a weapon and an enemy on the same line.
    - Other combos exist to give you more XP, GP, chests, etc.
    - As you progress in the levels, the enemies have more HP. But fear not! You also get better weapons with time! The party members level up so they do more damage too.
    - Enemies sometimes drop an item at the end of battle and bosses always drop an item!
    - Item drops are randomized, based on a largely modified Diablo II drop algorithm. This means each playthrough will get a different experience from item drops. And of course, bosses will have much better drops :D
    - If you don't like your drops, you can always buy some weapons in the shop. (NO In App Purchase)
    - You control when each reel stops. They will never stop on their own. This allows for 2 types of play style: Random or Aiming.
    - There are 52 levels, all featuring a unique illustrated enemy avatar.

I'm planning on making a video showing the actual gameplay and flow of the game in the slot machine.

Oh and good point Geta-Ve. We'll try adding a white box behind the party members in the second mashup. This will make it feel more like pixel art is only showing on white backgrounds. Maybe they'll fit better that way.

I'll keep you posted for the video.

By the way, the music is awesome :p

7. multimage

Updated the first post with a link to the video.

8. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    #8 DahakaJR, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
    ..NM..

9. multimage

Updated first post with embedded videos.

10. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

Really looking great! I look forward to playing this. :)

11. multimage

Thanks Geta-ve! By the way, the game is now approved and set for release on October 6th! We are very excited about this one!

12. multimage

Promo video

Here's the promo video, also added in the first post!

13. multimage