Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    If you stocked items when your clock was set to the future then you will have to set your clock back to the future, stock your items (don't restock) then return your clock to the correct time.

2. Godaime

Godaime Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    How do you get the dino costume :O
    And how is the new elevator? Is it much faster than the gold one?

I'm not sure if this can be solved, but I noticed that every 8 floors I go up with the elevator, its as if it lags or it snagged on something, before continuing up.

3. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    I have the same issue on my iPod Touch 2G too, it's simply a issue with our low-end devices and nothing really can be done unfortunately. Now if this is happening with a newer device, then that's something to report in about.... ;)

4. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    Every second the game is calculating how many coins you got, so there's a tiny delay. Do you play with sound on? If you do, you'll hear the coin sound effect every time there's a little hang which lets you know what's happening. It normally happens every four floors with the gold elevator, but the two-second bug is what's making it happen every eight floors at the moment. I'm surprised you've not seen it before, it's been doing that pre-update for me for weeks!

That's not the same. You're comparing something that takes substantially more time to a minor adjustment in playing that adds no time at all. When you're using the lift, just take your finger off of the button one floor early to account for its momentum. There's absolutely nothing that needs to be fixed, you just need to get used to it which for most people happens within about two elevator rides.

5. Doffie

Doffie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Retired, now concentrating on good works and good
    Storrs, CT
    I do the old fashioned way. Have a little notebook listing all the businesses, their bitizens and the residence floor of each bitizen. Do this in pencil so I can easily make changes when a dream jobbers moves in. Seems very easy to just cast my eye over these lists and find my guy, even with a 95 floor tower.

Mr. Hannum does the say thing using a notes app.

I'm not too much into costumes, I guess, and would rather spend my Bux on things other than decorations, too. Different strokes, which makes this game fun for all.

6. Doffie

Doffie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Retired, now concentrating on good works and good
    Storrs, CT
    Oh darn...

I've been leaving the app open for long periods so I can multi-task and still pay attention to prompt stocking of stores. Guess I'll leave it closed lots more until the bug fix in the next update.:(

7. buckeye79

buckeye79 Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Glad to see that they're still updating this.

Is there any advantage to adding friends, other than feeling superior/ inferior?

GC: damocles7

8. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    Sales per min

Love the game and the update. However, I've noticed that my sales per minute have plummeted. I use to average around 450-650 or so and all day today (with a mostly stocked 72 tower building) I'm averaging around 350. I've checked on it many times and it's never out of the 300's.

Very odd. Could this be a bug?

9. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    1.3.1 Has bee submitted to Apple:

- Fixed a bug slowing sales while the app is open.
    - Fixed a bug where Real Estate moved in bitizens all had the same dream job.
    - Fixed a bug which hid speech bubbles behind tall costumes.
    - Fixed a bug causing crashes when cycling through costumes.

10. Captain Bob

Captain Bob Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    So, bitizens are always on the same floor? I thought it was random or else would have done this way sooner.

11. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    Actually I do it the old fashioned way, when it tells me to look for someone I just look for them or remember where they are. This is with 81 floors.

You kids with your newfangled pencils and notebooks.

12. sooz

sooz Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Seattle, WA USA
    They're on either the floor you've assigned them to for a job or on their residential floor. They float between the two...so there are only two floors they could be.

13. Cloverfield

Cloverfield Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Seriously eeen, you're NOT going to make the bux as frequent as they were pre-update? Ok, everyone that has not upgraded but wants the new lift, DO NOT update until you have the 500 as the elevator tipping, where's waldo and fully stocked bonuses appear MUCH less than before.

14. Meyari

Meyari Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    My Imaginary Nation, USA
    Can someone post a pic of the new elevator? I didn't upgrade to the gold one because I didn't like its colors, and I would like to know what the new one looks like. Thanks!

15. aoi1989

aoi1989 New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    does anyone know what the new residential floor is called?

16. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    Posted some pages back...

[​IMG]

17. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Seriously Cloverfield the frequencies have not been changed. It is called random for a reason.

18. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    They're already categorically stated that they didn't change anything in the code regarding probabilities of bux awards so put the tin foil hat away.

19. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    well .. thanks Eeen .. the new update of the DJ rewards does gain back my interest on the game .. thanks for hearing us out :) ..

I am at work right now so can't test the new update yet .. sorry if this has been asked before .. but I have uninstalled this game before, so if I install it back, would I get back my last tower, or do I have to start from beginning? hopefully not to start again .. please not .. I was at 60+ level when I quit last time ..

20. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I'm loving the new update, but is there some way to import my custom bitizens into the game? I was looking forward to that D: