CS:GO vs Tactical intervention

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Ok, so I know the pay model of the two is completely different, but, how comparable is the gameplay for the two games? I've played just under an hour of Tactical Intervention, and the gameplay seems fine, though I do get a lot of lag, but that's not a huge problem. Ihave not, however, played CS:GO, but it's published by Valve, which makes it look much better, as well as the fact that it's not a P2W, Freemuim kind of deal, which again makes it look better. I'm just curious how compeer able the two are gameplay-wise.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's not a real comparison. I noticed Kotaku singing its praises, but they were kinda joking and really just commenting on how stupidly fun it is due to the crazy physics engine. I enjoyed what I played of it, but it's a ridiculously long way off being refined enough for serious, balanced competition. If you move onto CS:GO, you'll probably get your ass beat horribly. It's a high level game full of "hardcore" players with really intricate strategies, and a lot of the time they'll expect you to know them too. In my experience it takes almost too much work to succeed to bother with, unless you don't play much else and want something to really grind on.

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I just wish they would port any version of CS onto Apple TV or iPad with Airplay and iController support...

iPadWantsToPlayDEDust...

4. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks for the input, I'm not that good at Fps games as it is, so I'd really need to play that a ton. I mean, my kD in TI is in the negative range... Though I blame some of that on lag ;)

Haha, yea, that would be awesome. Wasn't there something about Valve possibly hiring for mobile devs a while back? I'm not to hopeful, but there's a very small chance... On a side note, the ame would really really need some form of controller support for it to be cross platform. Damn I wish they still had the Critical Strike portable available for iOS.

5. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Just out of curiosity does GO have bots?