Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-30-2014, 01:05 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Oh how I wish this was in English and premium. Never played the original but this seems like a fantastic port.

Damn freemium models. It's one thing when you've got crap like Candy Crush being freemium, but this week we've had two what I would say are hard core gamer type games, this, and that Tales game. And it's the type of gamer who wants games like these that would shell out premium prices. That same population isn't going to put up with bastardizing games like this.

...sigh...
Yeah, shmups used to be free of this stuff. Abyss attack, lightning fighter 2, and this would have been so much better as premium apps.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
But isn't that how it was designed, so you would buy more inapps?
Of course the irony they fail to see is that we aren't going to buy something they're trying to force us to... we're going to buy something fun, like, oh, maybe those games that have a fair number of lives and all the stuff like that.
Amazing how they forgot that it's supposed to be fun for people to buy it... Unbelievable really... what on earth is going on in their heads?!

Lightning Fighter 2 is, at it's lowest point, at least somewhat reasonable... worst thing is it takes way too many coins to buy the later new ships; the last ones are boring me with how long it's taking.

Last edited by Intendro; 01-30-2014 at 01:28 AM..
Old 01-30-2014, 01:20 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intendro View Post
Of course the irony they fail to see is that we aren't going to buy something they're trying to force us to... we're going to buy something fun, like, oh, maybe those games that have a fair number of lives and all the stuff like that.

Lightning Fighter 2 is at least somewhat reasonable... Though it takes way too many coins to buy a new ship.
I worked with the dev alot to get lightning fighter 2 less freemium and remove always online in emails.

He was nice though to change it for the better, so I have to commend that.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I worked with the dev alot to get lightning fighter 2 less freemium and remove always online in emails.

He was nice though to change it for the better, so I have to commend that.
I was also in the topic here. I also told them it's unacceptable to require online.

Last edited by Intendro; 01-30-2014 at 01:24 AM..
Old 01-30-2014, 01:40 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intendro View Post
I was also in the topic here. I also told them it's unacceptable to require online.
Yes, great you were there too, and helped convince them to take always online stuff off. That is a terrible trend for portable systems, and also hate how games are using alot of cellular badwidth! One game took 109 mb for playing one time! Always online is a joke.

I helped beta test the icade stuff, he did listen and took off the alwaus online,, and reduced the freemiumish stuff, so he was nice about that.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:59 PM

Think I'll stick with Mame for my Gunbird 2 needs.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:26 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Can anyone explain how to unlock the full game? Also what's the new update about?