Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-12-2014, 03:51 PM
iPhone 6 Plus

This is still my favorite retro shooter on the App Store (BIG Gravitar fan), but those promised changes would all be most welcome!

Thank you for listening.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:55 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
This is still my favorite retro shooter on the App Store (BIG Gravitar fan), but those promised changes would all be most welcome!

Thank you for listening.
Hi, some of these changes are already in as part of the 1.1 update.

- Les
Old 06-17-2014, 11:09 PM

Okay, so this is now my current favorite game on iOS! I am now on level 30 and I have no intention of putting this game down anytime soon! Great job! I think the fun factor really ramps up around level 20 which is good, because by then you should be pretty awesome at the controls!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:20 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by demod1 View Post
Okay, so this is now my current favorite game on iOS! I am now on level 30 and I have no intention of putting this game down anytime soon! Great job! I think the fun factor really ramps up around level 20 which is good, because by then you should be pretty awesome at the controls!
Thanks Demod1, unfortunately it's a very niche product and will only appeal to a small audience. I posted the download numbers for the first few weeks in the public dev forum here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=228351

Now-a-days downloads are anywhere from 0 to 6 or so a day.

I think the game needs boss levels or something because once you get your ship fully equipped there's not much challenge to clear out a level. I'm still thinking about how to improve this though. Also, I removed the cap for fuel in the last update but noticed that I've been able to stock up tons of fuel now which means I can pretty much play forever. I may release a patch to fix that soon by capping the fuel at 15,000 or maybe 20,000.

I also think the tilt control works pretty well with the game but I noticed by watching videos of people playing the game that they may not be holding the device like I do. You don't need to tilt the device as if you're driving a car - for example, holding it straight out in front of you and rotating it left and right like a steering wheel. By doing that you risk tilting the device so much that the auto rotation flips the screen because the device thinks you're turning it upside down. What I do is hold the device at a comfortable, somewhat flat angle as if it's on my lap, then just lean it left or right to rotate the ship. This technique works extremely well for me.

- Les
Old 06-18-2014, 04:57 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing about the boss levels and the fuel. For a boss, I was imagining a large hulking ship that would be set in the center of the screen and you have targets that you need to hit on the bottom, top and both sides in order to break it apart. Then blast the core!!! As for my fuel I'm maxed at 1000000 and able to maintain with ease at level 70. Still a great game, but i could imagine some of the next level possibilities! I will be making some in app purchases on payday. This developer deserves it people!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

I didn't think I would like this game as much as I do. It's pretty good!
Old 06-19-2014, 12:36 AM

I am actually currently topping the leaderboards with a score of 23,689,753. Listed as tdogg... Level 101. Yeah, I like this game that much!

Last edited by demod1; 06-19-2014 at 12:49 AM..
Old 10-22-2014, 12:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Forgot all about this game. Just reinstalled it. Man! My iOS backlog is a killer! I keep looking over good games!

Still would like to see virtual controls. Just as an option to see how it stacks against tilt.