Electronic Arts Independence Day Sale!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Jul 1, 2011.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
  2. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Electronic Arts Independence Day Sale!

We knew it was coming! EA's sale has started. Their games are currently being modified in the US store.

I can't find an official announcement from them yet, but I'll update this post as the games are reduced. Some are $0.99 for the first time ever, including...

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    NBA Jam
    Draw Jump

...and just about every other game is on sale as well, except for Transformers: Dark of the Moon :(

3. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Draw Jump was always at 99c. And the other two have been 99c many times now. A sale is still a sale, but they are seriously starting to be more tiring than exciting.

4. CzarCastic

Sorry...I was referring to the HD versions, which haven't been on sale for $0.99 until now. :D

5. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Gotcha, that makes more sense.

6. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    ...it's still good news for people who missed earlier sales, or just got a new device. And if companies are in the habit of offering sales periodically, it means future games will go on sale too, which is eventually good for you too.

7. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Whoa, Transformers is down to 99c in the U.S. right now. Did they not launch it at a 2.99 introductory price???!!!!! The game did well enough in the charts. I gotta say, a sale 2 days after launch, that is just pathetic. Did not even buy, was never planning to either, but that is just a major slap in the face to initial buyers. Only 2 bucks, but that it just seems wrong. At least Gameloft gives it a few months, maybe more based on how the game does in the charts.

8. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    This is titled by EA as "BIGGEST EA GAMES SALE EVER". And i don't doubt it, since Dead Space went $0.99 :eek:

9. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Red Alert is only 99c

10. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Finally. I've been waiting for NBA Jam HD to hit 0.99.

11. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Wow now this is a sale. NBA Jam HD and Bad Company HD insta buy. Might pick up dead space for iPhone even though I have the HD version.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #12 backtothis, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    This is a biweekly thing now huh? I find it hard to imagine that anyone who's interested in any of EA's games doesn't have them all by now. Transformers is definitely a slap in the face though. Tiger Woods PGA 12 went from $6.99 to $0.99 in two weeks, but two days is a f**king record.

13. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    people that just get idevices. duh!:rolleyes::cool:

14. CzarCastic

Correction...Transformers: Dark of the Moon is now $0.99!

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #15 backtothis, Jul 1, 2011
    Funny how the only people that post in EA's and Gameloft's sales threads have hundreds of posts, huh? Lol.

-----

WOW, the OP of the repeat EA sales thread was sad when he thought that Transformers wasn't going to be on sale two days after launch. Seriously, f**k people these days.

16. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    seems like ALL EA games are on sale for 99 cents, I have dead space and Mirrors edge already, what else should I pick up?

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    BFBC2
    FIFA 11
    Fight Night
    Madden 11
    Max and the Magic Marker
    Monopoly
    NBA Jam
    NFS: HP
    Tetris
    UMK3

Still have 8 out of the 10 games listed synced.

They have plenty of great games..all of these are worth it and more at just a dollar. NBA Jam, FIFA 11, and Madden 11 are the best of basketball, soccer, and football games on the iOS respectively. FN is the boxing game on the iOS. MMM is an awesome platformer. How can you not own Monopoly and Tetris? NFS: HP is one of the better arcade racers with tons of content. UMK3 is the best arcade fighter on the iOS after SFIV. BFBC2 is lacking compared to Gameloft's games, but definitely worth the dollar still; the online works well. Honestly, a better question is which game shouldn't you pick up. You might as well pick up Transformers as well considering it just came out. It's a competent DSS.

18. GoneFishin

GoneFishin Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    This 'slap in the face' is normal for EA. I remember buying Simcity for iPad upon release for $7. Two days later it was 99¢. Now the most I will ever pay them for something is 99¢. They could offer me a six pack of sex on a stick- 99¢ is all they'll get.

19. Raptor25

Raptor25 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    #19 Raptor25, Jul 1, 2011
    I rarely keep many EA games on my iPad because of the file sizes.. But those are because they are mostly "real" ga,es well worth a buck.

Ive probably got half of them now, only one i didnt pay a dollar for was 3 for tiger,woops.

So in the past day Ive spent 5 dollars and gptten SF 4 Volt, Starfront HD, NOVA 2 HD, Hot Pursuit HD and NBA Jam HD. If i ended up really liking even o e of them its worth it, several and its a steal. Cool.

i dont think either of those EA games have been 1 dollar before, definitely not nba jam.. Which looks reqlly good on the ipad.

20. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    What a crazy-ass sale! It looks like a computer glitch, or some kid gaining access to the iTunes servers and leveling the whole damn EA line. Just crazy.