iPad Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 4, 2010.

1. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Its a shame that this doesnt run anymore. Ive had my eye on this for a long time waiting for an update.

How long is it? Does it has an engaging story? Im thinking on downloading it for the Vita as I saw its almost the same price that on the appstore (14.99 I think).

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Maybe on the Vita

If it's playable on the Vita, I'd highly recommend it. But I'm an iOS only guy, and unfortunately it's no good for us on 5.0+

Long, involved, and funny story. Kept me very entertained on my old iPhone. Never beat it unfortunately. Reminded me of a cross between Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IX but only in good ways.

I've moved onto Frane for iOS and couldn't be happier. Fun game despite the price tag!

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    It is playable on the Vita, though I'd buy a few other RPG's before this one. Not that it's bad, just not the best available on PSP(US PSN Store).

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I played it a bit before I got annoyed that some skills didn't work at all and the developer didn't bother fixing them. One of the crucial skills was MP regenerate or something like that. I worked so hard to get to that point on the tree and the skill is useless. After that I got too fed up to continue and deleted it.

However if there's a working version on Vita, i'd think it's a good buy. The dialogue is fun and the gameplay is a bit different than the average game of its type.

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    The price dropped in the US PSN Store today *Crimson Gem Saga Digital (now $7.49, original price $14.99)*

Anybody with a PSP or Vita can enjoy it.

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man. Every time I see this thread my hopes go up just a little bit... Thinking just maybe the iOS version is getting updated. Curses. Let down again.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    lol, sorry man.

Hopefully it gets updated one day :)

8. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    The wife got me a vita for our first year anniversary :D so this is excellent news! Many many thanks bro gonna check it out asap!

P.S. I too checked excited every time this thread creeps up there but now it actually made me very happy! Lol

9. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Is this game eva gonna be updated????

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I am wondering if the people who would be in charge of pushing out an update are no longer in business or at least no longer able to make money from updating because a loss of license or something. That might explain the way they left this game to rot. Such a disappointment considering it was my favorite game on the app store until iOS 5.

11. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Right now people are just hoping that iOS 6 will passively fix in CGS what iOS 5 passively broke. :p

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    iOS fix?

Any word on how it's reacting to iOS 6?

13. crazycan98

crazycan98 Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    iOS 6 not so much.
    I reinstalled this and started a new game. I had hope as I was able to finish 3 or 4 battles but then entering combat crash
    Re-loaded the save game 2 battles and crash
    Reload 4 battles crash.
    Hold finger on screen for 4 seconds. Deleted

I wish this would work but oh well.

14. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Well, for what it's worth, I'm not having any crashes with my iPhone 4 running iOS 6. The only issue that I've been seeing is that the sound or music will just randomly drop out (sometimes both at once). So, with that said, please post up how it's running for you if you have a similar setup. :)

15. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    That's what I was hoping. I re-installed the game after I got iOS 6. At the initiation of the third or fourth battle, the game crashed like it did before.

16. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Not sure if this game ever got fixed(and sorry if me bumping this brings somebody's hopes up).

But for those with a PSP or Vita that want to play this game(bug free), it just dropped down to $7.49 in the US PSN Store.

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'd pay some developer at least $20 to play this one on my iPhone again. So, if anyone can crack the code and resubmit it under the name CGS, name your price!

18. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Esto esta olvidado verdad.. Nada de actualizaciones.. No se para que lo compre.
    No comprare nada más de esta compañía..
    :/

19. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    No lo actualizan hace años... No creo que lo vayan a actualizar ahora... Sorry :/

20. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Does anyone have try this game, now? With ios 7? On an ipad?