Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Sorry to hear about your Crystal fail. After my Sun fail, I am cautiously trying combinations. Hopefully Crystal will not be one of the fails - we had enough of those in Aug trying for Peridot.

2. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I can't even get on the Topaz wikia page. I'm not having any problems with the rest of the site so I'm assuming it is the sheer volume of people trying to access that page at once, although that hasn't been a problem in the past.

Last I saw the Topaz still hasn't been figured out. However, it is available beginning at level 11 so the thought is that it must consist of only elements available at that level which are Plant, Fire, Lightning and Cold.

3. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    I tried the Chrystal plus Frost Fire.... Got a 39 hr timer :(
    I keep thinking frost fire or blue fire... Something cold for the blue...and something warm, not only for the orange ..but they talked of the "Crimson" sea and the dragon "warming" up.

4. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    Topaz

Sandbox confirms Firefly and Cactus! Happy breeding everyone :D

5. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Thanks AP, it took me so long to get him I quite forgot the discussion about how he works and was so disappointed when nothing got finished! :p
    Now off on the Topaz hunt, the egg is very pretty

6. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Excellent. Thanks for the tip. Crossed them in the upgraded island and got a 24hr first try so fingers crossed and back to frog hopping :D.

7. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Congrats!

I was excited at first because the failures are short but after getting five 24minute failures (upgraded caves) I am not so sure now :p Hate to go to bed when I can breed again in such a short time.

8. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Cactus/Firefly

:eek: Knock me over with a feather. :eek: Topaz 24hr on the 3rd try, EBI. (#1 & #2 were 5 hr fails= Ash)

9. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    WOW!!!! That is some luck Foxy!! Congrats! :D

10. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Thanks! :D. Best of luck to everyone. Gotta love the fail list this time- worst is 5 hrs (upgraded) and half are less than an hour.

11. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I feel the same way. The last thing I want to do is complain about short fail times, but I constantly feel the need to go back in and breed again. I've caught myself wanting to use gems on fails because it's "only one gem."

12. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    Me too! First fail was a cactus, second was ash, and third try was a topaz! I don't think I've ever gotten the gemstone dragon this early before. Of course, I still want a display egg ;) So more work to do still!

13. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I'm at about 0 for 9 on Topaz. I'm glad for the short fail times but not going well so far. Hopefully get my 2 sooner than later.

14. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Same here a lot of fails no Topaz.

15. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Me too. Many fails so far, but then it usually takes me two weeks to get one.;)

16. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Looks like the Eclipse dragon is coming.

17. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    I am looking forward to that. I hope the app doesn't crash too much on my ancient device.

18. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    So, does anyone now if the new decoration, The Umbral Sculpture, is a glimpse of an Eclipse dragon coming up?

It says that when the Umbral Sculpture is active, it is time to breed the Eclipse dragon. :)

Edit: Sorry stlredbird, you already answered my question. Thnx

19. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    I'm back to racing - 3 pieces to go. The wheel landed on a piece I already have so it said I'd have a bonus spin. Then it didn't give me one. Bah. And it keeps giving me the same race choice - Shimmering Faultline - without going back to the colosseum. Double bah. :mad:

20. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    When that happens, if you just keep running the repeated race a couple of times, you WILL get your bonus spin, and then it'll take you back outside the racing menu, as normal. I don't know why it sometimes loops like that.