Support our Sponsors:
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 07:06 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thank you for XXEXR3NLNP3Y !

Very nice and polished presenation with vibrant colors, a good soundtrack, fast loading and only 20,2 MB.

The tilt-controls (only) work as perfect and precise as in Tilt to Live, imho, and is played the best in flat position to get the best score, i guess. I tried it out while laying on the couch with the in-game calibration, but no, played flat gets me the best results. There are six upgradable powerups to help you to get better results. Since i'm only five minutes in the game, i can't say much about the coins you earn, but there are missions to get some extra coins and four iap's and, somehow hidden, a coin doubler for 2 bucks.
Shouldn't you put the doubler to the iap's ? I was scratching my head at first when i saw a "restore purchases" button but only consumable iap's.

A big must-have, please dear Devs, is the missing screen orientation !!!

The real challenging part of this game is to match your reflexes with your eyes and the swipes in one direction while tilting to the other. You understand what i mean the latest if you should download this brilliant highscore-gem.

Edit: I set the sensitive slider to the max after the first game, already. For my taste, still a bit too much of tilting needed. I will see if it gets better once i invested some coins in the "boost your speed" powerup.

Last edited by Qwertz555; 06-03-2014 at 07:18 AM..
Old 06-03-2014, 10:11 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Thank you for XXEXR3NLNP3Y !

Very nice and polished presenation with vibrant colors, a good soundtrack, fast loading and only 20,2 MB.

The tilt-controls (only) work as perfect and precise as in Tilt to Live, imho, and is played the best in flat position to get the best score, i guess. I tried it out while laying on the couch with the in-game calibration, but no, played flat gets me the best results. There are six upgradable powerups to help you to get better results. Since i'm only five minutes in the game, i can't say much about the coins you earn, but there are missions to get some extra coins and four iap's and, somehow hidden, a coin doubler for 2 bucks.
Shouldn't you put the doubler to the iap's ? I was scratching my head at first when i saw a "restore purchases" button but only consumable iap's.

A big must-have, please dear Devs, is the missing screen orientation !!!

The real challenging part of this game is to match your reflexes with your eyes and the swipes in one direction while tilting to the other. You understand what i mean the latest if you should download this brilliant highscore-gem.

Edit: I set the sensitive slider to the max after the first game, already. For my taste, still a bit too much of tilting needed. I will see if it gets better once i invested some coins in the "boost your speed" powerup.
Cheers for the feedback, glad you're enjoying it so far

I understand what you're saying about the doubler's placement. In part it came down to the visibility of it, but the main factor was simply the presentation side, wanting to level out the icons on the upgrade screen, and not having the space on the currency purchase page - the style I chose for the interface tends to take up a lot of room What I will do in an update though is change the "restore purchases" button to make it clearer what it is restoring...

As for the screen orientation, it should rotate when you're in the top-level menus, then obviously gets disabled while you're in-game. While I normally play in standard or custom mode with it at a roughly 45* angle, if you're playing with it held horizontally, it would end up flipping in the middle of the action which would be definite frowny faces all round... The time it doesn't re-orientate when you could argue maybe it should is in the Pause or Game Over screens, but my feeling was that at that point you'd have set the orientation you wanted from when you first loaded the game. Is this what you're referring to?
Old 06-03-2014, 11:06 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Oops, yep there is flip screen and it makes a lot of sense in this game.

But having played for quite a bit now (upgraded half of all), i'm desperately in need of way more tilt sensitivity !

Thursday is not far, so soon we'll know what others will say about this.
Thanks again for the code and good luck on the release !
Old 06-04-2014, 01:32 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

What? I played one game, beat jcho already.

Too easy.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hehe, them be fighting words!
Old 06-04-2014, 04:23 AM

Hah! You beat my first run. I demolished your score not long ago.

To the dev: I am LOVING Quadblast! The best way to describe it is probably Tilt to Live + Geometry wars, or Tilt to Live + Super Crossfire. The controls are fantastic, some of the best tilt controls since tilt to live! And the swipes are super responsive, I never have a problem with those.

The mission system is also loads of fun, because it challenges you to play in unique ways. I would live it if some of those challenges got their own mode (things like no weapon mode, hold the middle mode, etc.).

The upgrade system adds some definite longevity, and each aspect looks like it'll be fun to upgrade. If the game does well, a future update with different gun types would be cool. I have a few ideas.

You use a very respectable F2P system, so I'll be picking up the doubler soon. The adds aren't a bother, but I'm glad any IAP removed them.

I also really like the menu UI, especially in the upgrade menu with the spinning icons. It's the little things that are the best

Really great stuff, thanks for the code!

Last edited by JCho133; 06-04-2014 at 04:37 AM..

Closed Thread