Dear Admin,

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by BrianBSHS, Aug 2, 2010.

1. I feel that with the way this website is set up, devs are constantly looking using this site to find testers, and that's fine, but I think there are ways to make the meeting process easier. I really think the next path to take for this cite is to make a new member list page for solely testers and those who want to test, and to adapt what was created at iBetaTest.com to toucharcade. This way, devs can find a big compiled list of testers and, once the beta period is over, could even be able to rate them on their usefulness. Maybe I'm asking too much, but it wouldn't be hard to set up with a modified members list page.

2. Soul

Soul Active Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Why not just make a "Beta Testers" section and then add subforums or whatever called "Minigore Bets Testers", "Doodle Jump Beta Testers" etc?

3. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    @Soul
    no.

@OP
    that actually sounds pretty cool because i'm almost positive touchARcade is the biggest ipod gaming forum, meaning the most idevice gamers are here. so why not take advantage and help the devs while also giving the members something to do.
    also it would be very easy to communicate during beta periods of games

4. Soul

Soul Active Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Your right, my idea was a failure.

5. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I believe in you.

6. Thank you for your positive feedback! I think this would be a win-win situation with the comunity ultimately benefiting in the end.

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Already is a list of good beta testers in the private dev place. Idk if they update it or not, but some deva do use it.

8. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    i wonder if were in it (that is, me and you)

9. Soul

Soul Active Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Thank you young sire. I bow down to your greatness.

10. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    im think TA is biggest..but i just joined another igaming forum that almost equally as big

11. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Really? Site name?

12. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    11th dimension
    not quite as big...but surprisingly close

40,000 members...and look when the most users ever on online was set

almost as many member..its must be newer though...not nearly as many posts...seems active though..just as much as TA

so..maybe not equally as close..but more than i thought there would be

http://forum.tipb.com/

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    We have single topics with more views than their whole forum does combined. I find it slightly insulting they call themselves the number 1 iDevice forum with that stat hanging around their neck.

14. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    11th dimension
    i was surprised to even find a forum as big as that though...they have almost as many members. but TA is the #1 forum....TA ftw

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's probably all the people that have been banned from here.

16. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    At OP
    If they want beta testers they will contact them by making a thread in the upcoming games section titled "Need Beta testers for my new game" (Or something along those lines) If arn or Hodapp make a new forum just for that it will be a waste of time since the current system works great

17. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    11th dimension
    damm...that forum is HUGE...it has over 100,000 ACTIVE member!! DAMM

18. The current system works, but it's mediocre. Why have something that's okay when it can be amazing? It's not a totally new forum, it's merely a new section that promotes easier communications between devs and testers. All it would be is a compiled list of users who are interested in beta testing new games. The user would have a complete list of past games they've tested along with a rating from other developers. This way, devs trying to scope out testers with potential can see at a glance which testers are dedicated and which testers will flake.

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

What's mediocre about it? In the private developer forum there's a list of trusted beta testers, and it's not like developers have any issues finding people to test their games. Are you trying to find people to test your game and aren't able to find anyone? I'm not sure where this issue is stemming from, as all the developer feedback I've ever heard is from developers who are incredibly happy with the beta testing power/experience of the TA user base.

20. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    ... There's a list of trusted beta testers?