3GS Game Speed Increase

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CMB, Jun 19, 2009.

1. CMB

CMB New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Hi, I'm a big fan of the site but never posted before on the forums. So go easy on me, its my first time :)

I've always found Crash Bandicoot to be the most 'fun' iPhone racer and although playable it's never been what you would call smooth... until now. Playing on the new 3GS runs it around 2x the frame rate I was getting on my iPhone 3G and its now like a totally new game.

Have any other new 3GS owners found their old favourites get a speed boost?

2. Fu3lRac3r

Fu3lRac3r Active Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Web Design and iPhone Development
    England
    Awesome. Have you tried Real Racing? Also It would be great if you could upload a video to youtube or something comparing the two devices side by side!

3. CMB

CMB New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    I haven't tried Real Racing but that and Golden Axe are next on my 'buy' list, lol. I've tried need for speed which is pretty slick anyone but again, is even smoother with the 3GS.

Am currently trying to resist playing with it as I"ve a two hour play to edit, and burn 20 DVD's of by 1pm tomorrow. Arghh, lol. But when that's done I'll make a comparison video :)

4. k1ite

k1ite Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    Pharmacy Technician
    Loma Linda, California
    Wow....just ran idracula and from boot up to in game was about 10-15 seconds only....so amazing. I hated the loading when I used the 3G (which isn't all that bad still but waiting in line without anything to do but wait for a loading screen sucks).

5. ziconic

ziconic Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Check out the side-by-side comparison I did with an iPhone 3G and 3G S, both playing the same crazy, complicated roller coaster track in AirCoaster 3D. :)

Huuuge difference in graphics performance between the 3G and the 3GS.

6. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Whoa :eek:. That's the best comparison I've seen so far. Thanks for sharing :)!

7. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    WOW! You just convince me to buy an iPhone 3G S(jkjk I already have it :p) and also buy Air Coaster!