My list of krpg and arpg apps

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Polymer Droid, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Polymer Droid

Polymer Droid New Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Ok so! I have literally spent months raking through the app store in search for games like Zenonia and Inotia and i need to know if i have missed any!
    NOTE: i only want to know the type of games like Zenonia or Inotia that are of the same style which i have been told are Krpg and Arpg style..

These are what i have thus far:

Inotia
    Inotia 2
    Inotia 3
    Inotia 4
    Queens Crown
    Exitium
    Tales Weaver
    Itarus
    Dragon Lair
    Terra
    Seed
    Seed 2
    Dragon Knight 4
    Luna Story
    Epic Hearts
    Demon Souls
    LAR
    Wild Frontier
    Ragnarok Violet
    Crimson Heart
    Aurum Blade
    Hero in Time
    Legend of Master 2
    Legend of Master 3
    Immortal Dusk
    Arel Wars
    Arel Wars 2
    Illusia
    Illusia 2
    Advena
    Sword of Wind
    Elphis
    Stone of Life
    Fanta Knight
    Zenonia
    Zenonia 2
    Zenonia 3
    Zenonia 4
    Zenonia 5

Did i miss any!? I need to know haha it has been a gamer collector obsession of mine.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    No Master of Dungeon? Son, i am disappoint.

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Love Zenonia serie. But I didn't play all of them. :(

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #4 undeadcow, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    Here's KRPG and similar action RPGs I came up with trying to log every iOS RPG, full list in my signature. It can be amusing trying to find hidden gems. I noticed a disappointing decline in popularity/frequency of KRPGs lately. These are a differenct style but for lack of other suggestions Alien Shooter and Cavern have a good action oriented exploration vibe worth checking out.

5. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    In your KRPG list, which games you like best, undeadcow?

6. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #6 undeadcow, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    I recommend the following action RPG style games, from what I've played.

CrimsonHeart has a fluid 360 joystick control that is fun. Master of Dungeon is similar but feels a bit more generic.

A Bard's Tale is a fleshed out top down action RPG with a good sense of humor and is revolutionary for being a PS2 era port. File size is massive though.

Bastion is probably the current premium grade action RPG on the system.

Secret of Mana is not a typical KRPG but has a similar overhead action style and is fun with a party system and good plot.

AurumnBlade is balanced freemium with 5G widescreen optimization and a lot of fun with frantic combat against mobs of foes and a nice loot system. I've only played it's successor Stone of Life (SOL) briefly so can't comment on that.

Dragon Knight 4 Premium is 5G widescreen optimized and feels like it has some paywalls but I find the challenge along overall play enjoyable with a robust loot system and unique wings engineering system. DK4 had an active and fun Player Vs Player system with interesting rewards (not sure if that's died down or not).

Zenonia is a classic KRPG that I really enjoyed, I'm not sure how well it holds up today.

Fantastic Knight has smooth controls and a unique multi-character system that has opposing story elements depending on the character you play. Exitium is similar, but felt even more fetch quest heavy to me.

9th Dawn, Cavern, and Alien Shooter - The Beginning aren't really in this class of games but they can feel action oriented with strong RPG character customization and world exploration so might be worth looking into for KRPG fans willing to branch out.

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Do you have any recommendations from what you've found, Polymer Droid? There are so many games and not enough time.

8. Polymer Droid

Polymer Droid New Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Notice at te top i have iPhone 3GS until next uprgade and MOD is iPhone 4 and up
    MOD is on my "to get list"
    But thanks man lol

9. Polymer Droid

Polymer Droid New Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Nice list undead and thanks :)
    Yes! Actually you have named some of my faves such as FantaKnight and Aurum Blade but i suggest Crimson Heart, Queens Crown ( The simularity to Zelda Wind Waker is the catcher), Exitium, and Stone of Life ( That is if you liked SEED 1 and 2)

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Sound picks. I've got a KRPG folder filled with apps I downloaded and haven't gotten to yet, where Queen's Crown resides, that is in danger of becoming obsolete. So many titles like Itarus, Chronicles of Zic, Guardian Saga, Ragnarok Violet were once promising but are starting to look dated and abandoned.

11. Polymer Droid

Polymer Droid New Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Although to me will remain classic titles.. Now i am waiting for the new krpg apps to come put me in for updated style