★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Starbit Twist is a 2D same-screen multiplayer action / arcade game, designed for touch screen devices with one-button gameplay. You control Starbit, a new star exploring the universe. Touch your corner of the screen to orbit the nearest star, release the screen to leave orbit. Make quick jumps to speed up, or orbit for a while to slow down. But watch out, hazards abound in this vast universe.

Guide Starbit through 25 exciting puzzle mode levels, or compete with friends in 5 collection levels, 5 power star levels, 5 chaos levels, and 5 mayhem levels. With three difficulty settings, Starbit Twist is perfect for players of any skill level!

Game Modes:
* Puzzle mode features 25 levels, and now supports multiplayer! Be the first to reach the wormhole to win the level!
* Collection mode features 5 levels. Collect pick-ups for points within the time limit.
* Power Star mode features 5 levels. Get the power-up, then attack your friends for points within the time limit.
* Chaos mode features 5 levels. Stars are bouncing around the zone, survive as long as possible.
* Mayhem mode features 5 levels. The walls cause damage, and all stars in the zone vanish or explode when orbited. Survive as long as possible.

Ed Groover Games's comments:
Starbit Twist is a 2D action puzzle game designed for touch screen devices. You control Starbit, a new star exploring the Universe. Touch the screen to orbit the nearest object (the object near Starbit, not near where you're touching the screen), release the screen to fly through space. Make quick jumps to speed up, orbit for a while to slow down. Guide Starbit through 25 exciting levels and three difficulty levels.

The game is simple (made by a one person development team) but addictive. Combine quick reactions, and the ability to plan ahead, to reach the end of each level and unlock the next one. At the beginning of each level you can see the entire area so you can plan your attack, and then it zooms in as you make your way through the obstacles. The higher difficulty levels present more obstacles and faster movement speeds.

Thank you for taking the time to hear about my game, and I hope you will check it out. I look forward to any feedback you may offer.

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/starbit-twist/id640255594?mt=8

Promo Video:
08-22-2013, 07:52 AM
Now free through the weekend

Starbit Twist is on sale (FREE) through this weekend for iOS.
02-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Starbit Twist

Starbit Twist is a 2D action / puzzle one-button game where you control a star named Starbit, exploring the universe trying to find a safe place to call home. Touch and hold the screen to Orbit other stars (touching anywhere on the screen will do, but a corner out of your view is the best place to touch), release the screen to leave orbit to navigate. Avoid obstacles to stay alive, reach the wormhole to exit the zone and unlock the next one. 25 zones, and three difficulty levels. No IAP / microtransactions!

I just released version 1.1, with an improved new-player experience, some new sounds, improved GUI, bug fixes and more! I would love any feedback on this new version that you care to give. The iOS version is free this weekend only!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/starbit-twist/id640255594?mt=8

Thanks!
02-24-2015, 07:42 PM
Starbit Twist v1.2 (by Ed Groover Games)

This is a solo dev project that I've been working on (off and on) over the last few years. This is the second update, improving the visuals and adding more game modes and same-screen multiplayer. I hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to hearing any feedback you may have! Thanks!