Beastie Bay (Pokemon-like game By Kairosoft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Sep 30, 2012.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

"The idea is that you have washed up on a desolate island, and you've got to fight the native beasts to survive. Then, in your spare time, you'll build the island up into a personal paradise and even head off to explore new lands.

This is where it goes full Pokemon, with your beastly pals (including a duck, a crab, and a dog) going toe to toe with other animals. You'll choose attacks, use items, put your guard up, or flee. And, like Pokemon, you can entice enemies to join your team - using bait, rather than Pokeballs."

[​IMG]

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Beastie+Bay/news.asp?c=45358

"Interestingly enough, this one is available free of charge. There's an advertising banner at the bottom of the screen, though, and it costs $3.99 if you wish to remove it."

Now out on Android and should be out someday on IOS.

2. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    duck and crab vs thing and thing?

LOL first kairosoft game I;ll buy

3. Fixed for my purposes. I can't say no to Kairosoft.

4. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Not sure why this is posted to be honest as its an Android only game and there has been no announcement of it ever coming to iOS.
    I'm sure it will eventually, but there's still many other Kairosofts Android releases that have yet to make it over to iOS, so I highly doubt we'll see this one any time soon. Also, since this is Kairosofts first freemium title, I wonder how that'll go down with their iOS fans :)

The next game coming to iOS is Pocket Clothier.

5. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    This is my favorite Kairosoft game on my S3. This has the combination of Simulation and Pokemon type game. There is even a cycle of night and day. Different monster appears during the day and night. Game is also FREE on the Android. Just wishing to see this game on the iOS with universal support.

6. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    More Pokemon games! Bring it on!
    How many monster counts are we up to in IOS gaming at this point? :confused:

7. killercow

#7 killercow, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    Yeah but I figured that fans would be interested to know about the existence of this game. On topic, the game is not strictly freemium, there's only one IAP to disable ads and that's it. (http://www.deltaattack.com/2012/09/29/kairosofts-beastie-bay-now-up-for-free-on-google-play/)

Debunked by nicodemus82

8. Inqalexi

Inqalexi Member

Sep 5, 2012
    To be honest: not sure that the idea of pokemon like games is still actual. Anyway, good luck to the developrers.

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Kairosoft making a Pokemon game? Yeh sure why not, I'll buy!

10. switch-it

switch-it Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Seeing as all pokemon games on 3DS/DS/GBA/GBC/GB has sold 10+ million each i'm surprised there hasn't been more knockoffs on iOS/Android

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I have this on Android and can say (though its free) this is a great game to play and there is no iap that I've saw outside of a small banner at the bottom of the game that you can remove through paying for it...it hasn't bothered me in the least bit.

On top of whats stated above, you can equip your monsters with weapons/armors that will add skills. You have full control over your monsters attacks, skills, and defending, there is animations to all of them. Also, like all other Kairosoft games, you have the same RPG simulation elements where you can build on your own island and expand it by exploring. So far I can safely say it's one of my favorite Kairosoft games next to Dungeon Village and Grand Prix Story. I hope it comes to iOS soon.

Here's also a brief synopsis on overall gameplay:

Beastie Bay, after all, is a game where you amass a small army of critters and use them in turn-based RPG battles.

The idea is that you have washed up on a desolate island, and you've got to fight the native beasts to survive. Then, in your spare time, you'll build the island up into a personal paradise and even head off to explore new lands.

So you'll spend much of your time in your small homestead, building homes for human survivors and bedding for animal allies, research labs for discovering new technologies, and even hotels and airstrips.

Source: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Beastie+Bay/news.asp?c=45358

12. nicodemus82

Actually, that's not true. There is other IAP's in the game. You just don't get access to them until you unlock the Wairobot character in the game.
    He opens a shop on your island where you can buy stuff with real money, like gold, medals etc..

Also paying to remove the ads also unlocks landscape mode for those that didn't know :)

13. killercow

Wow sorry, that was an excerpt from a review of the game. Guess they were wrong!

14. nicodemus82

Yeah, I guess they didn't play for long enough to find out ;)

15. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I've been playing this since yesterday on the Nexus 7, it's pretty awesome. I just wish Kairosoft would tidy up their controls.

16. BVaz

BVaz Member

Feb 7, 2012
    This game is out on iOS now, came out yesterday in Japan. It is free with an IAP available to turn off the ads for 450yen.

It is actually seemingly fully translated already into English, as I loaded this onto my iPhone 5 from the Japanese app store and everything is in English, so if you have a Japanese account you can play this now.

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/kai-tasabaibaru-dao/id563831514?mt=8

17. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So is this gonna be a wensday night release for the US?

18. BVaz

BVaz Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Not sure if it will be or not. I was just saying the version released on the Japan app store appears to have both English and Japanese translations, I think based on what language your device is set to, because I loaded the Japanese version on my US iPhone and it just loaded up the game fully in English.

At least you could say the translation appears to be fully done on iPhone so it should be coming soon to the US I would think.

And the ads for everyone to see are a banner ad on the bottom of the screen, see below:

[​IMG]

19. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Oh my god. To the Japan AppStore!!

20. killercow

It's really good. A mix of all the kairosoft games with an added pokemon twist to the formula. Can't wait to dive deeper into this.