Guitar Hero/Rock Band for iPhone?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Squirt Reynolds, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    I'm not sure if this has been asked before (at least on this site), but does anyone know if there's ever going to be an official Guitar Hero or Rock Band app for the iPhone/iTouch?

With the huge success of the Appstore and everything, it just seems like a no-brainer for the developers of those franchises.

2. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    I find it kind of pointless with out a guitar or drum controller. Play tap tap revenge.

3. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    The closest you will get is guitar rock tour 1 & 2(2 hasn't been released yet), as they have drums and guitar and have officially licensed songs

4. trevainsworth

trevainsworth Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    There's already guitar hero world tour available from the app store. But why pay for that when tap tap revenge 2 is free

5. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    The difference with TapTap and Guitar/DJ tour apps is that the music is altered by the mistakes you make ...

Its more a guitar hero experience

6. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Actually, there is no official guitar hero game, what you are probably thinking of is the gameloft made guitar rock tour.

7. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    That's exactly why a real Guitar Hero/Rock Band game would be so successful.

Don't get me wrong, i like the Tap Tap series, but there's just something about the music cutting out when you miss a note that's so much better. Maybe it's a motivating factor. I dunno

BTW, i beat the first Guitar Rock Tour long ago, and am currently awaiting the release of GRT 2. I just wondered if there would ever be an OFFICIAL Guitar Hero app.

8. Patriots1223

Patriots1223 Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I kind of like the fact that the music gets distored when you mess up in the Tap Tap series.

9. DawnStarWarrior

DawnStarWarrior Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Closest to guitar hero?

Well tap tap is free, but the songs can nowhere compare to a more GH like game such as guitar rock tour released by gameloft, however beatrider i would say is the closest to guitar hero not so much in the style, but difficulty. Tap tap has three note catchers, guitar rock tour 4, and beatrider 5 which has the ability to add your songs even though it really doesnt follow the guitar like tap tap.

10. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    #10 skamando, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
    Let's face it. Tap Ta Revenge sucks out loud. It's detection is terrible and it lags constantly. And it only has three inputs. Thats ridiculously easy, or at least, it would be if the detection was better. That being said, it is free, and it has a nice variety of licensed tunes, alot of them actually good, like Death Cab and Daft Punk. The problem with Guitar Rock Tour is that, yes the music is licensed, but it's all terrible covers of the songs. I wouldn't pay for that crap. I actually like to listen to the music in my rhythm games. If you want a solid rhthym game, I'd go the way of BeatRider. Your own music, five inputs, and a hell of alot of challenge. And while it may not be melodically based, it's still fun.

Now. About Guitar Hero & Rock Band. I'm almost certain that neither of them will make a version for the iPhone, as they both have investments in other mobile platforms. Guitar Hero is on the DS, and Rock Band is on the PSP. So this basically rules out the iPhone as an option. Sorry.

11. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    beatrider is where its at... end of discussion;)

12. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    I actually already own Beatrider, and it's one of my favorite apps. Definitely my favorite rhythm game app. Hoping the 1.1 update gets approved sometime this year. Apple!!!

Also, thanks for the input about GH/RB for the iPhone. Honestly, i wasn't holding my breath anyway, cuz if either of them were planning on releasing apps they probably would have done it by now.

13. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I'd say this is a definitive NO for Guitar Hero on iPhone (link)!!!!

Just for completeness, IGN reported this too: here.

14. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Thanks for the info.

That's a damn shame considering that out of all those mobile gaming devices, the iPhone (especially now with the 3GS) is clearly best-suited for most of those games.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it had something to do with all mighty Apple..

15. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    there really is no need for a guitar hero type game. If you have a jailbroken iPod/iPhone you can download a rockband or guitar hero skin for tap tap. The market really isn't there for those type of games right now.

16. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Difficulty isn't based solely on the number of lanes of notes - songs have a tempo too. What TTR2 does on extreme is use higher tempo songs, requiring you to hit many more notes. To add extra difficulty its also got double notes that alternate between different positions or go to single notes (this is normally at a high tempo). Some songs have single note holds whilst playing another series of fast notes at the same time. These things require co-ordination, good timing and speed/dexterity. I can assure you its not "ridiculously easy". :D

BTW, TTR Lady Gaga added a 4th lane, in new landscape boss battles.

17. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    Theres a gh skin for ttr2? Another reason to jailbreak, god DAMMIT!!!:mad::mad:

@skamondo:
    You obviously have never played Tap Tap Tap ft. DXChain, have you?:D I agree with you wholeheartedly, however. Beatrider is the obvious rhythm game winner.

18. DawnStarWarrior

DawnStarWarrior Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    #18 DawnStarWarrior, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
    Tap tap 2 is haRd but on beatrider hah, some songs are literally impossible. Lol it all depends on the song you upload but beatrider is 4X hider then tap tap by far. And beatrider with 5X hyperspeed...