★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Awkward Crash?

11-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Awkward Crash?

I was using an app (WiFiTrak to be exact), and I hit the home screen button. It lagged a bit. Then, it went to the page with all of my apps. My iPod Touch didn't reboot or anything. All of my apps were shuffled up. First there were the default apps in their default order (Safari, Youtube...). Then my other apps were in a random order. Uggg, now I have to put all of my apps in alphabetical order .

Anyone else experience this glitch/crash?
11-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew2468 View Post
I was using an app (WiFiTrak to be exact), and I hit the home screen button. It lagged a bit. Then, it went to the page with all of my apps. My iPod Touch didn't reboot or anything. All of my apps were shuffled up. First there were the default apps in their default order (Safari, Youtube...). Then my other apps were in a random order. Uggg, now I have to put all of my apps in alphabetical order .

Anyone else experience this glitch/crash?
Yeah, it's extremely common. It was a huge problem with 2.0, but it was improved in v2.1.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

11-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Oh. Never happened to me before (guess I was lucky). Oh well.
11-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Bitrino support here...

Hi,

Sorry to hear the icons on your screen got scrambled. We don't think we had anything to do with that!

The lag that you saw as WifiTrak was exiting was probably the program trying to disassociate from the last network it connected to when it was scanning and checking connections. If you haven't selected one, it tries to leave you unconnected. It issues the command and waits (usually only around 1/2 second or so) and then exits. I don't think you witnessed a crash. However, that isn't to say they aren't in there -- it is a v1.0 product and we aren't perfect. If you have any good evidence of a defect, by all means please send us a note and we will try and track it down for our next release!

Thanks for your purchase and patience!
11-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Very odd.. I haven't had that happen since 2.0.... HATED 2.0